AX4C Max II without Intel Raid (ICH5)

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by tlviewer, Jan 29, 2005.

  1. tlviewer

    tlviewer Guest

    Hello,

    Is it possible that Aopen would release this board without the
    Raid edition of the ICH5 controller?

    The Intel App. Accelerator installer reports that I have a
    Chipset that doesn't support Raid!! How can this be. Every
    doc that came with the board says I have the ICH5(R).

    Further, when I try to boot up with 2 SATA drives on
    ICH5, it won't even post. It does with only one drive.

    Very strange. I have emailed NewEgg support too, since
    their site also claimed Raid support by ICH5(R).

    Any help is appreciated.
    tia,
    tlviewer

    1. Advertising

  2. "tlviewer" wrote in message...
    > Is it possible that Aopen would release this board without the
    > Raid edition of the ICH5 controller?

    Why are you asking about AOpen boards on the Abit group?

    > The Intel App. Accelerator installer reports that I have a
    > Chipset that doesn't support Raid!! How can this be.

    If Abit behaviour is any guide, you probably haven't turned it on in the
    BIOS.

    > Every doc that came with the board says I have the ICH5(R).

    Indeed it does. It's hardly likely that AOpen accidentally stuck a vanilla
    ICH5 chip on your particular board, so overwhelming likelihood is that it's
    sitting there disabled.

    > Very strange. I have emailed NewEgg support too, since
    > their site also claimed Raid support by ICH5(R).

    Not sure what you're expecting them to tell you, it doesn't appear at this
    stage as though the board is faulty.

    Either play with the BIOS until you find the setting that enables the RAID
    controller, or, to save a bit of time, RTFM, as the answer's very likely to
    be in there somewhere
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom