AX4SPE-Max USB2.0 not working

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by tommy, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. tommy

    tommy Guest

    I followed the instructions in the AX4SPE-Max manual to update the USB
    drivers to support USB 2.0. I verified the installation as they
    recommended and see that the host controller is now "Intel PCI to USB
    Enhanced Host COntroller - ICH5."

    But, when plugging in a USB2.0 external drive to any of the ports, I
    still get the error message "HI_SPEED USB Device Plugged into
    non-HI_SPEED USB Hub". This drive has worked as 2.0 on my last Aopen
    mother with XP and worked beautifully.

    Any suggestions?

    WindowsXP
    AX4SPE-Max
    2.4Ghz

    1. Advertising

  2. c

    c Guest

    tommy wrote:
    > I followed the instructions in the AX4SPE-Max manual to update the USB
    > drivers to support USB 2.0. I verified the installation as they
    > recommended and see that the host controller is now "Intel PCI to USB
    > Enhanced Host COntroller - ICH5."
    >
    > But, when plugging in a USB2.0 external drive to any of the ports, I
    > still get the error message "HI_SPEED USB Device Plugged into
    > non-HI_SPEED USB Hub". This drive has worked as 2.0 on my last Aopen
    > mother with XP and worked beautifully.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > WindowsXP
    > AX4SPE-Max
    > 2.4Ghz

    Do you have service pack 1 for XP installed? USB 2 won't work without it,
    even with the drivers installed.

    Chris