b1000 fmadm qce error

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by ufo, Jun 23, 2008.

  1. ufo

    ufo Guest

    I'm running a Blade 1000 with a Gigabit-Quad-Ethernet Card on Sol10
    8/07 (all recent patches applied).

    For a couple of days now I get error messages on boot, but internet access
    still works. "fmadm faulty" gives this:

    --------------- ------------------------------------ --------------
    --------- TIME EVENT-ID
    MSG-ID SEVERITY
    --------------- ------------------------------------ --------------
    --------- Jun 22 21:48:27 8f09923e-e39c-cb4c-ddf9-8464e35f495f
    PCIEX-8000-5Y Critical

    Fault class : fault.io.pci.device-invreq
    Affects : dev:////pci@8,600000/pci@1/network@3
    dev:////pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4
    dev:////pci@8,600000/pci@1/network@0
    dev:////pci@8,600000/pci@1/network@1
    dev:////pci@8,600000/pci@1/network@2
    degraded but still in service
    FRU : "PCI
    1" (hc://:product-id=SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000:server-id=wutz/motherboard=0/hostbridge=0/pcibus=0/pcidev=1)
    max 20% "MB" (hc:///component=MB) 20%

    Description : The transmitting device sent an invalid request.
    Refer to http://sun.com/msg/PCIEX-8000-5Y for more
    information.

    Response : One or more device instances may be disabled

    Impact : Loss of services provided by the device instances
    associated with this fault

    Action : Ensure that the latest drivers and patches are installed.
    Otherwise schedule a repair procedure to replace the
    affected device(s). Use fmdump -v -u <EVENT_ID> to identify the devices
    or contact Sun for support.

    Sun's web site shows the same text as this. Any idea what's wrong with the
    hardware (PCI-bridge on motherboard or nic)?

    Ufo

    ufo, Jun 23, 2008

  2. ufo

    ufo Guest

    > I'm running a Blade 1000 with a Gigabit-Quad-Ethernet Card on Sol10
    > 8/07 (all recent patches applied).
    >
    > For a couple of days now I get error messages on boot, but internet
    > access still works. "fmadm faulty" gives this:
    >
    > --------------- ------------------------------------ --------------
    > --------- TIME EVENT-ID
    > MSG-ID SEVERITY
    > --------------- ------------------------------------ --------------
    > --------- Jun 22 21:48:27 8f09923e-e39c-cb4c-ddf9-8464e35f495f
    > PCIEX-8000-5Y Critical

    Hmmm, well, commenting on this myself:
    Google found several posts concerning this problem,
    looks like a bad driver issue - hopefully this goes away with a future
    patch....

    Ufo

    ufo, Jun 24, 2008

  3. ufo

    ufo Guest

    > Do you have patch 118777 installed?
    > The latest is -13 from May.

    # showrev -p | grep 118777
    Patch: 118777-13 Obsoletes: 121189-04 Requires: Incompatibles: Packages:
    SUNWced, SUNWcea, SUNWcedu

    Since a lot of Blade 1000/2000 and 280 are affected this is a general
    O/S issue to be resolved.

    Ufo

    ufo, Jun 25, 2008