    The chips are part number CS8900A-IQ and the batch code is KTAALD0239.
    Anyone else see similar problems?

    Bob

    Robert Reimiller, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Robert Reimiller

    Jamie Guest

    sounds like bad run of internal memory.

    Jamie, Apr 30, 2004

  3. (Robert Reimiller) wrote in message news:<>...
    > The chips are part number CS8900A-IQ and the batch code is KTAALD0239.

    Just an update. The client had four boards that failed loopback
    modified with a different datecode of CS8900 and the problem went
    away. At this point it suggests bad chips.

    Robert Reimiller, May 6, 2004
  4. Robert Reimiller

    Hal Murray Guest

    >Just an update. The client had four boards that failed loopback
    >modified with a different datecode of CS8900 and the problem went
    >away. At this point it suggests bad chips.

    It's could be, but I'm not sure that batch of chips is bad.

    It could be something that is marginal with the design and that
    particular batch of chips is within spec but enough slower/faster
    than the other batches so that it doesn't work on that board.

    --
    The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my
    other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

    Hal Murray, May 8, 2004