Bad Biostar MOBO experience

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by ROEKing, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. ROEKing

    ROEKing Guest

    Well, I recently upgraded my server, and just in time.
    The board that was in it was sht. Once I shut it down,
    It would not power back up. After looking at the board, I found the
    problem- swollen, leaking capacitors around the CPU (VMR). BTW: it's
    a Biostar M7VKD.

    Biostar refuses to help despite to track record this board has (they
    have had several fail due to this issue). I have had the board almost
    two years, but can't locate the invoice, so they won't warranty it.

    I guess this is the last Biostar product I ever buy. I got almost two
    years out of it, so I should not complain. However, in my opnion this
    problem should not have happened.... period.

    Check out:
    http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2003Feb/gee20030207018535.htm

    Oh well.

    ROEKing