    few seconds.

    Thanx in advance for your help

    , Jan 30, 2006

  2. In <> wim.taerwe@
    gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a very strange problem with on of our imac. It's starts up
    > completely normal, and when the desktop appears everything seems
    > normal for one second and the te screen turns into 16 colors and a
    > very bad resolution.
    >
    > The display system settings are currently set at millions of colours
    > at a resolution of 1024x768. Changing the resolution or the colours
    > here, doesn't change anything. I have tried to install the
    > driverupdate from ATI but that didn't help.
    >
    > It doesn't seem hardwarerelated as everything seems to work fine for a
    > few seconds.
    >
    > Thanx in advance for your help

    Go to System Preferences > Universal Access, and check the enhance
    contrast slider is set to normal. I've heard of a few people getting
    caught on that one. It's especially annoying because there's no mention
    of it in the Displays preference, where you'd naturally assume any
    display-related settings would be.

    http://roger.geek.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Proconsul Guest

    On 2006-01-30 02:23:41 -0800, ""
    <> said:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a very strange problem with on of our imac. It's starts up
    > completely normal, and when the desktop appears everything seems normal
    > for one second and the te screen turns into 16 colors and a very bad
    > resolution.
    >
    > The display system settings are currently set at millions of colours at
    > a resolution of 1024x768. Changing the resolution or the colours here,
    > doesn't change anything.
    > I have tried to install the driverupdate from ATI but that didn't help.
    >
    > It doesn't seem hardwarerelated as everything seems to work fine for a
    > few seconds.
    >
    > Thanx in advance for your help

    It may seem simplistic, but it appears that a trip to an authorized
    repair facility is in order.....

    PC

    Proconsul, Jan 30, 2006
  4. Guest

    It was indeed the enhance contrast slider that was set to the minimum

    Thank you for your help

    , Jan 31, 2006
  5. Guest

    This was indeed what caused the problem.

    Thank you for your responses

    , Jan 31, 2006