bad magic number in cd label

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Christoph Krebs, May 9, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I tried to install opensolaris on a Sun Blade 100, as I tried to boot
    from cdrom the following errormessage appeared:

    bad magic number in cd label

    these are the things I have already tried:

    - burn original iso with nero on a windows pc
    - copy data of cd to hd and rename the cd label
    - burn bootable cd with nero
    - burn with a mac
    - replaced the cdrom
    - burn with alcohol120

    is there anything else I can do???

    Many thanks

    Marcel

    1. Advertising

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Christoph Krebs wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to install opensolaris on a Sun Blade 100, as I tried to boot
    > from cdrom the following errormessage appeared:
    >
    > bad magic number in cd label
    >
    > these are the things I have already tried:
    >
    > - burn original iso with nero on a windows pc
    > - copy data of cd to hd and rename the cd label
    > - burn bootable cd with nero
    > - burn with a mac
    > - replaced the cdrom
    > - burn with alcohol120
    >
    > is there anything else I can do???
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Marcel

    You must write the iso file as an *image*, and not try to put the file
    as a piece of data on a CD. The iso image will be bootable - it is not
    something you should try to set in your software. The fact you are
    burned it as a bootable cd indicates to me that you have done it
    incorrectly, as you cant do that with an iso image.

    I don't know your software type, but it should have some sort of
    faciltiy to burn an image, and one option will be a file ending in .iso.

    1. Advertising

  3. Hi,

    thanks for your answer. But we brunes it as image and it didn´t worked...
    best regards,

  4. Christoph Krebs <> writes:

    > Hi,

    > thanks for your answer. But we brunes it as image and it didn´t worked...
    > best regards,

    solaris 10: cdrw -i file.iso
    --
    Gummileinen nur für Gummihunde!