    to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
    deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.

    , Mar 30, 2005

  2. J.B. Guest

    On 29 Mar 2005 20:17:32 -0800, wrote:

    >I have an ss50 and I think the motherboard has gone bad. No video so no
    >bios memory check visable, lights and fans do come on and drive seems
    >to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
    >deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.

    Have you unplugged everything from the unit (including hdd, cdr and
    taken out all add-on cards? have you reset the BIOS? Monitor ok?
    Have you tried a different video card in the machine? Do you have
    a different cpu or ram you can try?

    Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck.

    Joe

    J.B., Mar 30, 2005

  3. Jonathan Guest

    J.B. wrote:
    > On 29 Mar 2005 20:17:32 -0800, wrote:
    >

    >>I have an ss50 and I think the motherboard has gone bad. No video so no
    >>bios memory check visable, lights and fans do come on and drive seems
    >>to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
    >>deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.

    > Have you unplugged everything from the unit (including hdd, cdr and
    > taken out all add-on cards? have you reset the BIOS? Monitor ok?
    > Have you tried a different video card in the machine? Do you have
    > a different cpu or ram you can try?
    >
    > Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck.
    >
    > Joe

    After the above, you could buy/borrow a BIOS POST code card. Tells you
    what the BIOS is doing. Very helpful if you don't have video or beep
    codes or anything else to go on.

    -Jonathan

    Jonathan, Mar 30, 2005
  4. JHeyen Guest

    FWIW I had an SB61G2 that exhibited many of the same symptoms. I swapped
    out everything I could think
    of, except the power supply (was under the erroneous impression that there
    was something different about the
    SFF power supplies). I ended up returning the system to Newegg for a swap.
    New unit fired up first time and hasn't hiccupped yet. Shuttle tech support
    confirmed that symptoms were emblematic of a bad p.s.

    Jeff

    JHeyen, Mar 31, 2005