Bad motherboard?

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by thartle@gmail.com, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have an ss50 and I think the motherboard has gone bad. No video so no
    bios memory check visable, lights and fans do come on and drive seems
    to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
    deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.

    1. Advertising

  2. J.B.

    J.B. Guest

    On 29 Mar 2005 20:17:32 -0800, wrote:

    >I have an ss50 and I think the motherboard has gone bad. No video so no
    >bios memory check visable, lights and fans do come on and drive seems
    >to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
    >deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.

    Have you unplugged everything from the unit (including hdd, cdr and
    taken out all add-on cards? have you reset the BIOS? Monitor ok?
    Have you tried a different video card in the machine? Do you have
    a different cpu or ram you can try?

    Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck.

    Joe

    1. Advertising

  3. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    J.B. wrote:
    > On 29 Mar 2005 20:17:32 -0800, wrote:
    >

    >>I have an ss50 and I think the motherboard has gone bad. No video so no
    >>bios memory check visable, lights and fans do come on and drive seems
    >>to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
    >>deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.

    > Have you unplugged everything from the unit (including hdd, cdr and
    > taken out all add-on cards? have you reset the BIOS? Monitor ok?
    > Have you tried a different video card in the machine? Do you have
    > a different cpu or ram you can try?
    >
    > Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck.
    >
    > Joe

    After the above, you could buy/borrow a BIOS POST code card. Tells you
    what the BIOS is doing. Very helpful if you don't have video or beep
    codes or anything else to go on.

    -Jonathan

  4. JHeyen

    JHeyen Guest

    FWIW I had an SB61G2 that exhibited many of the same symptoms. I swapped
    out everything I could think
    of, except the power supply (was under the erroneous impression that there
    was something different about the
    SFF power supplies). I ended up returning the system to Newegg for a swap.
    New unit fired up first time and hasn't hiccupped yet. Shuttle tech support
    confirmed that symptoms were emblematic of a bad p.s.

    Jeff