bad power supply? - HP Compaq d330T

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Tim923, May 21, 2008.

  1. Tim923

    Tim923 Guest

    I have an HP Compaq d330T desktop computer. I had trouble with the
    computer powering itself off after about a minute. In the past I had
    trouble with the CPU fan getting full of dust and loud, so once again
    I removed it and vacuumed it out. However, after I put the fan back
    in, the computer won't turn on. The red light in the front blinks
    just a bit, but the computer won't turn on. My brother thinks my
    power supply has gone bad. Or could it be a problem with the CPU fan?

    1. Advertising

  2. Tim923

    Tim923 Guest

    On Thu, 22 May 2008 06:35:21 -0400, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    wrote:

    >Disconnect the fan and try it again with it out for 5 seconds - note
    >change.
    >if sensing fan issue, now should get "beep" code.
    >if no beep , it's not caring about fan

    I didn't get the beep code. I noticed a green LED lit up on the
    motherboard under the floppy drive. Does that indicate that the power
    supply is working? Where do I get a replacement power supply? -Tim923

    1. Advertising

  3. Tim923

    Tim923 Guest

    Thanks for all the help Bob. My brother quickly spotted the problem.
    Two of the CPU pins had bent and that's why the computer wasn't
    turning on. It's fixed now. --Tim923