    specifications without overclocking all your peripherals 26%.

    Am I wrong? Hope so, cause I bought 'em!

    Thanks for any info!

    mrperry2u, Oct 22, 2003

  2. mrperry2u

    Mike Mastro Guest

    Did you throw the necessary jumpers on the board? There is a set of two
    jumpers which control the FSB.
    It should be in the manual. If it isn't, let me know and I'll e-mail you
    a PDF file of those pages in the user guide.

    Good luck!

    Mike

    "mrperry2u" <> wrote in message
    > I don't know how Fry's can sell this as a combo, since that assumes the MB
    > and processor are compatible.
    >
    > Bartons run at 166 FSB and the K7VTA3 will only run at 166 MHz if the PCI

    is

    Mike Mastro, Oct 23, 2003

  3. "mrperry2u" <> kirjoitti viestissä
    > I don't know how Fry's can sell this as a combo, since that assumes the MB
    > and processor are compatible.
    >
    > Bartons run at 166 FSB and the K7VTA3 will only run at 166 MHz if the PCI

    is
    > out of spec at 42 MHz. This MB only has a /4 divisor as far as I can tell,
    > so unless I'm missing something it cannot run a Barton according to
    > specifications without overclocking all your peripherals 26%.
    >
    > Am I wrong? Hope so, cause I bought 'em!
    >
    > Thanks for any info!

    No, you are not wrong.

    I have the same board and i have noticed same problem. If i use 166 fsb AMD
    barton, both pci and agp are overclocked. JP3 and JP5 in MB are the jumpers
    to set FSB to 166 = both 2-3 short.

    JP3 JP5
    2-3 1-2 = 133
    2-3 2-3 = 166

    I have tried different bios settings but still it doesn,t work.
    How can i change the divider from 1/4 to 1/5, any ideas?

    /arto

    Arto Kolehmainen, Oct 23, 2003
  4. mrperry2u

    mrperry2u Guest

    After Rev. G bios, Sandra says that the multiplier is 1/5. Life is good.

    mrperry

    mrperry2u, Oct 25, 2003