    56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
    Sound Blaster Live! Digital Sound Card

    Thanks for the help.
    Steve, Sep 4, 2003

  2. "Steve" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > What benchmarking utilities would give me a good overview of my computers
    > performance level and alert me to sub-par operation for the given hardware
    > configuration?

    This site will evaluate the entire computer for performance and possible
    problems:
    www.pcpitstop.com (Click on Full Test) You have to register.

    A program called SiSoft Sandra has several benchmarks included. It's
    freeware. You can get a free copy here: http://tinyurl.com/8spl

    3DMark2001 and 3DMark2003 will evaluate your computers graphic and subsystem
    capability. www.futuremark.com These are huge files so you may not want to
    download them with a 56k connection. :(

    Once you have run the tests you can upload your results and compare them to
    others with similar systems.

    Too_Much_Coffee ®

    ---
    Got GigaNews?