Battery Disappointment

Discussion in 'Dell' started by MZB, Aug 16, 2006.

  1. MZB

    MZB Guest

    I have an Inspiron 2200.
    Had it for over 1 year.

    I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.

    It would be NICE to get a new battery!

    Mel

    1. Advertising

  2. BigJim

    BigJim Guest

    me too

    "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > Had it for over 1 year.
    >
    > I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    >
    > It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    >
    > Mel

    1. Advertising

  3. Lez Pawl

    Lez Pawl Guest

    "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > Had it for over 1 year.
    >
    > I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    >
    > It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    >
    > Mel

    its probably a sign that Dell machines will increase in price a little
    now.........to cover the cost of replacing all those batts.

  4. Notan

    Notan Guest

    Lez Pawl wrote:

    > "MZB" <> wrote in message
    > >I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > > Had it for over 1 year.
    > >
    > > I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    > >
    > > It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    > >
    > > Mel
    > >

    > its probably a sign that Dell machines will increase in price a little
    > now.........to cover the cost of replacing all those batts.

    It's a little too soon to tell... Were the batteries actually built by Sony,
    or subcontracted out? Were they built to Dell's specs? Etc., etc.

    Notan

  5. GHalleck

    GHalleck Guest

    MZB wrote:

    > I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > Had it for over 1 year.
    >
    > I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    >
    > It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    >
    > Mel

    Don't worry...you'll be on schedule for one shortly. The
    only thing is that a normal replacement isn't going to be
    free.

  6. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    "Lez Pawl" <> wrote in message

    > "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >>I have an Inspiron 2200.
    >> Had it for over 1 year.
    >>
    >> I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    >>
    >> It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    >>
    >> Mel
    >>

    > its probably a sign that Dell machines will increase in price a little
    > now.........to cover the cost of replacing all those batts.

    I wouldn't think so. I would expect Sony to pay for it.

  7. Notan

    Notan Guest

    Tom Scales wrote:

    > "Lez Pawl" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "MZB" <> wrote in message
    > >>I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > >> Had it for over 1 year.
    > >>
    > >> I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    > >>
    > >> It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    > >>
    > >> Mel
    > >>

    > > its probably a sign that Dell machines will increase in price a little
    > > now.........to cover the cost of replacing all those batts.
    > >

    > I wouldn't think so. I would expect Sony to pay for it.

    This morning's news is already stating that Sony will assume some of the
    financial responsibility.

    Notan

  8. MZB

    MZB Guest