    I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.

    It would be NICE to get a new battery!

    Mel

    MZB, Aug 16, 2006

  2. MZB

    BigJim Guest

    me too

    BigJim, Aug 16, 2006

  3. MZB

    Lez Pawl Guest

    "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > Had it for over 1 year.
    >
    > I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    >
    > It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    >
    > Mel

    its probably a sign that Dell machines will increase in price a little
    now.........to cover the cost of replacing all those batts.

    Lez Pawl, Aug 16, 2006
  4. MZB

    Notan Guest

    Lez Pawl wrote:

    > "MZB" <> wrote in message
    > >I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > > Had it for over 1 year.
    > >
    > > I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    > >
    > > It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    > >
    > > Mel
    > >

    > its probably a sign that Dell machines will increase in price a little
    > now.........to cover the cost of replacing all those batts.

    It's a little too soon to tell... Were the batteries actually built by Sony,
    or subcontracted out? Were they built to Dell's specs? Etc., etc.

    Notan

    Notan, Aug 16, 2006
  5. MZB

    GHalleck Guest

    MZB wrote:

    > I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > Had it for over 1 year.
    >
    > I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    >
    > It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    >
    > Mel

    Don't worry...you'll be on schedule for one shortly. The
    only thing is that a normal replacement isn't going to be
    free.

    GHalleck, Aug 16, 2006
  6. MZB

    Tom Scales Guest

    "Lez Pawl" <> wrote in message

    > "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >>I have an Inspiron 2200.
    >> Had it for over 1 year.
    >>
    >> I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    >>
    >> It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    >>
    >> Mel
    >>

    > its probably a sign that Dell machines will increase in price a little
    > now.........to cover the cost of replacing all those batts.

    I wouldn't think so. I would expect Sony to pay for it.

    Tom Scales, Aug 16, 2006
  7. MZB

    Notan Guest

    Tom Scales wrote:

    > "Lez Pawl" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "MZB" <> wrote in message
    > >>I have an Inspiron 2200.
    > >> Had it for over 1 year.
    > >>
    > >> I'm disappointed that my battery is NOT one of the recalled batteries.
    > >>
    > >> It would be NICE to get a new battery!
    > >>
    > >> Mel
    > >>

    > > its probably a sign that Dell machines will increase in price a little
    > > now.........to cover the cost of replacing all those batts.
    > >

    > I wouldn't think so. I would expect Sony to pay for it.

    This morning's news is already stating that Sony will assume some of the
    financial responsibility.

    Notan

    Notan, Aug 16, 2006
  8. MZB