    hesitate to write.

    Thank you in advance,
    Cam
    Cam, Feb 16, 2009

  2. Cam

    John Doue Guest

    Cam wrote:
    > My battery icon on my T41 Thinkpad always indicate 48% (without the
    > time, just the percentage) since a little while. When the battery is
    > fully charged, I think it is really fully charged although it
    > indicates 48%. It lasts about 5 hours and when it is empty and the
    > computer stops, the indicator (prior to stopping) also indicates 48%!
    >
    > The OS is WinXP professionnel service pack 3. The battery icon was
    > working fine before but now... I've tried working with the power
    > supply window, to no avail.If someone could help me, it would be
    > greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please don't
    > hesitate to write.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Cam

    I believe this has more to do with the battery than Windows. You need to
    make the battery recognize its real charge. Have you tried letting the
    battery draw down on its capacity by unplugging the power block and
    using your TP until it beeps, complaining it is running on fumes ...
    then reboot and see what happens?

    --
    John Doue
    John Doue, Feb 16, 2009

  3. Cam

    Cam Guest

    On 16 fév, 11:37, John Doue <> wrote:
    > Cam wrote:
    > > My battery icon on my T41 Thinkpad always indicate 48% (without the
    > > time, just the percentage) since a little while. When the battery is
    > > fully charged, I think it is really fully charged although it
    > > indicates 48%. It lasts about 5 hours and when it is empty and the
    > > computer stops, the indicator (prior to stopping) also indicates 48%!

    > > The OS is WinXP professionnel service pack 3. The battery icon was
    > > working fine before but now... I've tried working with the power
    > > supply window, to no avail.If someone could help me, it would be
    > > greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please don't
    > > hesitate to write.

    > > Thank you in advance,
    > > Cam

    > I believe this has more to do with the battery than Windows. You need to
    > make the battery recognize its real charge. Have you tried letting the
    > battery draw down on its capacity by unplugging the power block and
    > using your TP until it beeps, complaining it is running on fumes ...
    > then reboot and see what happens?
    >
    > --
    > John Doue

    Thanks, I will try that but I must say that when the battery is dead,
    the computer just shuts off with no warning. It used to warn before
    this situation but not anymore...

    Thanks again,
    Cam
    Cam, Feb 17, 2009
  4. Cam

    Woody Guest

    99% chance it is the logic in the battery. Yes the battery has the logic to
    keep track of the charge level. Replace the battery. The system won't shut
    off because as far as it is concerned there is 48% charge in the battery.

    Woody, Feb 18, 2009