    Any ideas how to get it back?
    Thanks,
    Steffo

    Steffo, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Steffo

    george Guest

    I'd love to hear the answer on this, too. I have the same problem with an
    Inspiron 8200 with both the battery meter and the "safely remove hardware"
    icons (both also set to "always show"). They disappear on some boots and
    reappear on other boots and they are the only two icons I have this problem
    with. BTW--I'm running WinXP Home with all the latest updates, latest BIOS
    on the 8200, too.

    George

    george, Oct 28, 2005

  3. Steffo

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    it will disappear if you are using your laptop in a docking station, port
    replicator, or have an external power supply connected.

    Are you using your machine in any of the 3 above scenarios ?

    - NuTs

    NuTCrAcKeR, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Steffo

    mdp Guest

    For XP Pro:

    Right-Click on desktop
    select Properties
    select Screen Saver tab
    select Power Button
    select Advanced tab
    Check "Always show icon on the taskbar"

    mdp, Oct 28, 2005
  5. Steffo

    mdp Guest

    forgot to add:

    select Apply

    mdp, Oct 28, 2005
  6. Steffo

    Steffo Guest

    I've done that several times with re-booting, but no joy.

    mdp wrote:
    > forgot to add:
    >
    > select Apply
    >

    > "mdp" <> wrote in message
    >> For XP Pro:
    >>
    >> Right-Click on desktop
    >> select Properties
    >> select Screen Saver tab
    >> select Power Button
    >> select Advanced tab
    >> Check "Always show icon on the taskbar"
    >>
    >> "Steffo" <> wrote in message
    >>> My Dell Inspiron 9200's battery meter has disappeared: how can I
    >>> find it back?
    >>> I'm talking about the icon showing a blue battery (when it's full)
    >>> that should be in the bottom right corner.
    >>> BTW, the control panel's power option "always show" is ticked and
    >>> it's not in the hidden icons.
    >>> Any ideas how to get it back?
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Steffo

    Steffo, Oct 28, 2005
  7. Steffo

    Steffo Guest

    I'm using my laptop in the car during the day with no charger.
    Up to a few days ago, I had the icon showing the battery meter.
    Then when I went home, I hooked up the charger and the icon disappeared.
    I'd like to get it back so I know how much battery I have left without
    having to go into the control panel's power options.
    Any ideas?

    NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
    > it will disappear if you are using your laptop in a docking station,
    > port replicator, or have an external power supply connected.
    >
    > Are you using your machine in any of the 3 above scenarios ?
    >
    > - NuTs
    >
    > "george" <> wrote in message
    >> I'd love to hear the answer on this, too. I have the same problem
    >> with an Inspiron 8200 with both the battery meter and the "safely
    >> remove hardware" icons (both also set to "always show"). They
    >> disappear on some boots and reappear on other boots and they are the
    >> only two icons I have this problem
    >> with. BTW--I'm running WinXP Home with all the latest updates,
    >> latest BIOS
    >> on the 8200, too.
    >>
    >> George
    >>
    >> "Steffo" <> wrote in message
    >>> My Dell Inspiron 9200's battery meter has disappeared: how can I
    >>> find it back?
    >>> I'm talking about the icon showing a blue battery (when it's full)
    >>> that should be in the bottom right corner.
    >>> BTW, the control panel's power option "always show" is ticked and
    >>> it's not in the hidden icons.
    >>> Any ideas how to get it back?
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Steffo

    Steffo, Oct 28, 2005
  8. Steffo

    Bill Guest

    Just a thought, try going in and "uncheck" "Always show icon on task
    bar." Reboot then go back and now check the "always show."

    Don't know if it will work, but it might fool the machine into doing
    the right thing.

    Bill, Oct 28, 2005
  9. Steffo

    george Guest

    My situation is that it totally randomly disappears (as will the "on AC
    power" icon when I have it attached to an
    external power supply)...my understanding is that I should always see either
    the "battery meter" icon or the "on AC
    power" icon. Plus, I have the same situation going on with the "safely
    remove hardware" icon. These are all set to
    "always show", just like some other icons that I've never had a problem
    with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    George
    BTW--To more fully answer your question, I am not yet even attempting to use
    my docking station. All this is either
    on AC power or battery power.

    george, Oct 31, 2005
  10. Steffo

    george Guest

    Yep, that is the way I set up my XP Home machine that is exhibiting this
    problem...

    george, Oct 31, 2005
  11. Steffo

    george Guest

    Yep, it has been "applied" (for years and shows that is how it is
    currently). I've also changed the setting, applied, rebooted,
    changed the setting back to always show, applied, and rebooted. And that is
    where I was at when I decided to jump in on this
    thread...it has been doing this randomly for many months now with no other
    strange/unreliable indicators happening.

    george, Oct 31, 2005
  12. Steffo

    ThaJokr

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    E-town
    I have a Windows Vista and my cord fried. I ordered a new cord and when I got it it worked for charging the computer but it took my power display meter away from my Notification Area. I look at the new charger and old charger and noticed that theya rent the same charger but that they both work. Does anybody know what I can do to get my display back. I have tried going into my settings, power settings, notification area display menu and everything else i can think of. I found where i can check that i want it shown or not and the feild is faded and wont let me mark it as if it doesn't exist on my computer anymore

    ThaJokr, Mar 13, 2009
  13. Steffo

    bkgroup

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    1.Go to Control panel by Start menu> Control Panel.
    2.Choose power option from there & open it.
    3.You will see power option properties window on your laptop screen.Go to advanced option from the menu.
    4.You will see the option with checkbox saying that always show icon on the taskbar.Check the box and click on the apply button & then OK.You have done.

    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    bkgroup, Jul 30, 2012