    Checked for corrupted memory

    Thanks
    , Jan 29, 2008

  2. gray-beard Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello. I've done a lot a troubleshooting on my laptop and I've learned
    > that my battery is causing my computer to act sluggish. Let me
    > elaborate a little more...It's only sluggish when it comes to typing,
    > scrolling, and flash animations. Music and H.264 HD video plays just
    > fine, but it's mostly the text "hiccup" that's bothering me.
    >
    > I've isolated it to a windows problem. (I ran knoppix and found no
    > problem in linux) I have also:
    >
    > Scanned for viruses/spyware/adware using NOD32, spyboy, and ad-aware
    > Cleaned out registry with hijackthis
    > Defragmented
    > Checked all BIOS settings
    > Checked for corrupted memory
    >
    > Thanks

    Ya know, it might help just a little bit, if we knew what make and maybe
    even what model of laptop you are having these troubles with.
    Guessing games don't work when it comes to laptops.

    gb
    gray-beard, Jan 29, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Jan 28, 10:08 pm, gray-beard <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hello. I've done a lot a troubleshooting on my laptop and I've learned
    > > that my battery is causing my computer to act sluggish. Let me
    > > elaborate a little more...It's only sluggish when it comes to typing,
    > > scrolling, and flash animations. Music and H.264 HD video plays just
    > > fine, but it's mostly the text "hiccup" that's bothering me.

    > > I've isolated it to a windows problem. (I ran knoppix and found no
    > > problem in linux) I have also:

    > > Scanned for viruses/spyware/adware using NOD32, spyboy, and ad-aware
    > > Cleaned out registry with hijackthis
    > > Defragmented
    > > Checked all BIOS settings
    > > Checked for corrupted memory

    > > Thanks

    > Ya know, it might help just a little bit, if we knew what make and maybe
    > even what model of laptop you are having these troubles with.
    > Guessing games don't work when it comes to laptops.
    >
    > gb

    Dell Vostro 1000. Windows XP Home SP2
    , Jan 29, 2008
  4. mike Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello. I've done a lot a troubleshooting on my laptop and I've learned
    > that my battery is causing my computer to act sluggish. Let me
    > elaborate a little more...It's only sluggish when it comes to typing,
    > scrolling, and flash animations. Music and H.264 HD video plays just
    > fine, but it's mostly the text "hiccup" that's bothering me.
    >
    > I've isolated it to a windows problem. (I ran knoppix and found no
    > problem in linux) I have also:
    >
    > Scanned for viruses/spyware/adware using NOD32, spyboy, and ad-aware
    > Cleaned out registry with hijackthis
    > Defragmented
    > Checked all BIOS settings
    > Checked for corrupted memory
    >
    > Thanks

    Some laptops have a bios setting for power conservation that reduces
    performance on battery...but you've checked that.
    Windows has settings for power conservation that can reduce performance
    on battery power.
    Sometimes, the vendor has a utility that reduces performance on battery.
    Remember, that when you "fix" this you might find your battery life
    unacceptable.
    mike

    --
    Return address is VALID!
    mike, Jan 29, 2008
  5. gray-beard Guest

    wrote:
    > On Jan 28, 10:08 pm, gray-beard <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello. I've done a lot a troubleshooting on my laptop and I've learned
    >>>that my battery is causing my computer to act sluggish. Let me
    >>>elaborate a little more...It's only sluggish when it comes to typing,
    >>>scrolling, and flash animations. Music and H.264 HD video plays just
    >>>fine, but it's mostly the text "hiccup" that's bothering me.

    >>>I've isolated it to a windows problem. (I ran knoppix and found no
    >>>problem in linux) I have also:

    >>>Scanned for viruses/spyware/adware using NOD32, spyboy, and ad-aware
    >>>Cleaned out registry with hijackthis
    >>>Defragmented
    >>>Checked all BIOS settings
    >>>Checked for corrupted memory

    >>>Thanks

    >>Ya know, it might help just a little bit, if we knew what make and maybe
    >>even what model of laptop you are having these troubles with.
    >>Guessing games don't work when it comes to laptops.
    >>
    >>gb

    > Dell Vostro 1000. Windows XP Home SP2

    Check the added on software from Dell for a program that slows down the
    AMD processor under battery use. Windows also has a program that does
    this too. Maybe you can tweak the settings to not slow down so much when
    your word processor is running. I also don't know how much ram you have
    but more would probably help as the newer operating systems are real
    memory hogs.
    Check task manager to see how many programs are runnig in the background
    as I find that there are always some running that I don't need on my laptop.

    gb
    gray-beard, Jan 29, 2008