battery question-hp

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Uncle Vinnie, Oct 10, 2010.

  1. Uncle Vinnie

    Uncle Vinnie Guest

    Quick question regarding and old HP N5445 running XP.

    I believe the battery is shot - indicates 98%, the 97, 96, then shuts down
    completely.... no warning...

    The original battery is a 5400mh and I am finding many available in the mid
    $30's that are 4880 mh...

    Big difference??? Since it's old I don't want to plunk $70 plus into a
    battery....

    I guess anything has to be better than what I have unless one knows of a way
    to deep drain and reset the memory...

    thanks!

    --
    Thanks & B'rgds,