    tester Guest

    Hello!
    Does Be7 (first edition) supports Prescott FSB533?
    tester, Nov 19, 2004

  2. "tester" <> wrote in message...
    > Does Be7 (first edition) supports Prescott FSB533?

    Not according to Abit. You may be able to get it to POST, but how much
    further than that you get is a bit of a nebulous point.

    There doesn't appear to be any Prescott microcode support in the last BE7
    BIOS, and in any case, IIRC the BE7 doesn't have a four phase power supply
    section, and thus may get stressed keeping up with a Prescott's power
    requirements, even the 2.8/533/non-HT, especially if you try and overclock
    it.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Nov 19, 2004

  3. tester

    tester Guest

    Użytkownik Richard Hopkins napisał:
    > "tester" <> wrote in message...
    >
    >> Does Be7 (first edition) supports Prescott FSB533?

    > Not according to Abit. You may be able to get it to POST, but how much
    > further than that you get is a bit of a nebulous point.
    >
    > There doesn't appear to be any Prescott microcode support in the last
    > BE7 BIOS, and in any case, IIRC the BE7 doesn't have a four phase power
    > supply section, and thus may get stressed keeping up with a Prescott's
    > power requirements, even the 2.8/533/non-HT, especially if you try and
    > overclock it.

    Another question, do You know if ABIT TH7II-RAID supports FSB 533 with 800-45 Rambuses?
    tester, Nov 19, 2004
  4. tester

    tester Guest

    Użytkownik Richard Hopkins napisał:

    > "tester" <> wrote in message...
    >
    >> Does Be7 (first edition) supports Prescott FSB533?

    > Not according to Abit. You may be able to get it to POST, but how much
    > further than that you get is a bit of a nebulous point.
    >
    > There doesn't appear to be any Prescott microcode support in the last
    > BE7 BIOS, and in any case, IIRC the BE7 doesn't have a four phase power
    > supply section, and thus may get stressed keeping up with a Prescott's
    > power requirements, even the 2.8/533/non-HT, especially if you try and
    > overclock it.

    What is the best intel processor spec nad number for this board?
    tester, Nov 19, 2004
  5. "tester" <> wrote in message...
    > Another question, do You know if ABIT TH7II-RAID supports
    > FSB 533 with 800-45 Rambuses?

    Not the slightest idea I'm afraid, as I avoided the Rambus based products
    like the plague. No doubt others will have tried it - have you tried
    searching the group on Google?

    > What is the best intel processor spec nad number for this board?

    For the BE7? Arguably it'd be the 3.06/533/HT. You may be able to get an
    800FSB part running at default speed with good DDR400, but then again, you
    may not. At least with the 3.06 you're guaranteed good performance, and
    should be able to get some more via a bit of judicious overclocking.

    Richard Hopkins, Nov 21, 2004