    Can I increase the loudnes of these beeps?
    Thanks
    eric

    erich hauser, Jan 31, 2004

  2. "erich hauser" <> wrote in message
    news:401c0873$0$12930$...
    > Hello,
    > is it possible to increase the loudnes of bios-beep-codes?
    > Are the sounds in a dos-program without a soundcart from the same
    > bios-origin?
    > Can I increase the loudnes of these beeps?
    > Thanks
    > eric

    open your case. pull out the little speaker in there and toss it. Re-wire
    from your mobo leads into your home amp. Crank the volume to 10 (or 11 if
    you have a high grade amp)... I bet you'll hear it then.

    to answer your dos question, yes some programs use the internal pc speaker,
    but not necessarily all, and not necessarily only in dos.

    Uncooked meat prior to state vector collapse, Jan 31, 2004