    Wildman Guest

    Can any one tell me where i can find beep codes for an Abit bx6
    motherboard??
    Wildman, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Wildman

    MaximumPower Guest

    "Wildman" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Can any one tell me where i can find beep codes for an Abit bx6
    > motherboard??

    Basic Beep Codes for ABIT AWARD BIOS Motherboards:

    No beep at all - this means your motherboard is dead, either due to a
    defective or underpowered power supply, poorly seated CPU or RAM, or a
    dead-on-arrival board

    One beep - board is working fine

    One long beep then machine shuts down - faulty, improperly installed or
    missing CPU

    1 short(Beep) System booting is normally

    2 short(Beep) CMOS setting error

    1 long - 1 short(Beep) DRAM ERROR

    1 long - 2 short(Beep) Display card or monitor connected error

    1 long - 3 short(Beep) Keyboard Error

    1 long - 9 short(Beep) ROM Error

    Long(Beep) continuous DRAM isn't inserted correctly

    Short(Beep) continuous POWER supply has a problem

    A two-tone siren, generally caused by overheating or out of specification
    voltages

    Four beeps then machine shuts down. This is because this version of the BIOS
    will shut down your machine if no fan tachometer signal is detected on the
    fan header. Make sure you attach a fan to the FAN1 or FAN4 header or clear
    CMOS to reset to default (no checking).
    MaximumPower, Aug 15, 2004

  3. Wildman

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:06:45 -0500, Wildman wrote:

    > Can any one tell me where i can find beep codes for an Abit bx6
    > motherboard??

    Results 1 - 20 of about 9,780 for award bios beep codes. Search took 0.19
    seconds.

    Wes Newell, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Wildman

    0_Qed Guest

    :) Re: Beep codes

    Wes Newell wrote:
    > Results 1 - 20 of about 9,780 for award bios beep codes. Search took 0.19
    > seconds.

    :)
    Outstanding !!!

    Now, ... maybe TomG can "do it" by his_self.

    Qed
    0_Qed, Aug 16, 2004