    GaryR Guest

    Still the 4870 X2 2GB or is the 4890 faster (and cheaper)?

    Thks
    GaryR, Jul 14, 2009

  2. GaryR

    Augustus Guest

    "GaryR" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Still the 4870 X2 2GB or is the 4890 faster (and cheaper)?
    >
    > Thks

    A 4870X2 is considerably faster than a single 4890. Two HD4890's in X-Fire
    are faster than a single 4870X2 and cost about the same.
    Augustus, Jul 15, 2009

  3. GaryR

    GRiZLOC Guest

    If you have a big PSU to provide enough juice to a 4870x2 i rather would go
    for a crossire 4890. What would better is a 2gb 4890 in crossfire. You would
    have a double 4890 with 4gb of video memory that would rule...

    GRiZLOC, Jul 16, 2009
  4. GaryR

    Juarez Guest

    "GRiZLOC" <kilics[NOSPAM]@home.nl> wrote in message
    > If you have a big PSU to provide enough juice to a 4870x2 i rather would
    > go for a crossire 4890. What would better is a 2gb 4890 in crossfire. You
    > would have a double 4890 with 4gb of video memory that would rule...

    The memory is not sharable for texture loading, you would still only have
    2GB useable because the textures must be loaded onto both cards. It does
    increase the memory bandwidth to 4GB for running higher resolutions though.
    Juarez, Jul 16, 2009