    64 will force price reductions).
    For now, I'll put my 2400+ in it. Opinions on best sub $100 boards?
    Thanks in advance.
    Stuart Southerland, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Stuart Southerland

    Wes Newell Guest

    Wes Newell, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Stuart Southerland

    Ben Pope Guest

    Stuart Southerland wrote:
    > I'm looking for a board that will run the fastest Athlons (hoping that the
    > 64 will force price reductions).
    > For now, I'll put my 2400+ in it. Opinions on best sub $100 boards?
    > Thanks in advance.

    That's highly dependant on how you measure bang.

    Obviously the boards with lots of onboard bells and whistles will provide
    lots of bang cheaply, but if you don't require any of the bells and whistles
    then it's irrelevant bang and so for you, not bang at all.

    Athlon 64s are unlikely to force massive price reductions on the fastest
    Athlon XPs for a while.

    Ben
    Ben Pope, Jan 18, 2004