    - good dealer network in Egypt (Cairo)

    Thanks for any advice!

    , May 10, 2006

  2. jimbo Guest

    Re: Best choice for travel laptop in Egypt ? (dealer support & heat/dust'proof')

    wrote:
    > Foir a friend who will eb travelling between Egypt and Holland
    > (residence) a lot, I am asking for advice on the best choice for a
    > laptop concerning the following requirements:
    >
    > - available for sale in Holland and/or Egypt;
    > - best operating qualifications/experiences in 'desert climate': heat
    > and dust
    > - good dealer network in Egypt (Cairo)
    >
    > Thanks for any advice!

    Get one with a holster for a 45 auto.

    jimbo

    jimbo, May 10, 2006

  3. Roy Guest

    >- best operating qualifications/experiences in 'desert climate': heat
    >and dust

    -> good dealer network in Egypt (Cairo)

    A lot of computer companies are selling their wares to the the dessert
    regions...
    I know that Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, HP, Panasonic and Dell have thier
    products there.....If you have a particular model in mind how about
    contacting their head offfice of the manufacture and inquire from t hem
    what items among their inventory are available in Cairo ,Luxor or
    Alexandria?
    Ask them also the locations of their dealers in Egypt.

    BTW if your friend want notebooks suited for harsh climates in the
    field then he should invest on a toughbook...

    Roy, May 10, 2006
  4. Guest

    > I know that Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, HP, Panasonic and Dell have thier
    > products there.....If you have a particular model in mind how about
    > contacting their head offfice of the manufacture and inquire from t hem
    > what items among their inventory are available in Cairo ,Luxor or
    > Alexandria?
    > Ask them also the locations of their dealers in Egypt.

    Good idea!

    > BTW if your friend want notebooks suited for harsh climates in the
    > field then he should invest on a toughbook...

    Yes, happened to see those. But quite expensive.

    http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webap...4&modelNo=Toughbook-51&surfModel=Toughbook-51

    We need something for round about 700 - 1200 euro.

    These tanks are +4000 ;-)

    , May 12, 2006