Best IDE driver for 8RDA+

Discussion in 'Epox' started by DaveL, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. DaveL

    DaveL Guest

    DaveL, Nov 29, 2004

  2. "DaveL" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have tried to install newly released drivers but I get
    > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dl1027/files/ide_error.jpg . Anybody having
    > any luck with any driver other than the standard WinXP driver?
    >
    > DaveL

    You have a system specific error. You must uninstall and reinstall the
    Forceware Drivers for the nforce chipset.

    Perhaps you have set a bios item improperly, or the HDD isn't (forgive me
    for saying this...but you never know) IDE.

    Faulty cable, faulty jumpers, bad windows install, any number of unusual
    circumstances could have casued this.

    Check BIOS for upgrade, Un/Re Install chipset drivers, do *not* let Windows
    Upgrade download and install new device drivers!

    Friendly Guru, Nov 29, 2004

  3. DaveL

    DaveL Guest

    Thanks for the help but I find what you are saying hard to believe. This
    system runs flawlessly. What jumpers are you speaking of? This board has
    no jumpers. The hard drive is a Maxtor 80 GB IDE. Pretty generic. I have
    tried it with two different CD burners. Hard drive and CD burner are on
    separate channels and both have 80 wire cables. There is nothing set
    improperly in the bios. All things IDE related are set to AUTO. Block mode
    is on. I tried it with prefetch on and off, no difference. I have the new
    bios for this board. I did not install any drivers from the Windows Update
    site. I did uninstall the old drivers before loading the new.

    I don't think this new ide driver is compatible with this board. Until
    someone speaks up and confirms that it works on the 8RDA+ I'll continue to
    think this way. I think there is an outside chance that this driver is
    smart enough to know that it will hose my system if it were to install so it
    does not.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Nov 30, 2004
  4. "DaveL" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for the help but I find what you are saying hard to believe. This
    > system runs flawlessly. What jumpers are you speaking of? This board has
    > no jumpers. The hard drive is a Maxtor 80 GB IDE. Pretty generic. I

    have
    > tried it with two different CD burners. Hard drive and CD burner are on
    > separate channels and both have 80 wire cables. There is nothing set
    > improperly in the bios. All things IDE related are set to AUTO. Block

    mode
    > is on. I tried it with prefetch on and off, no difference. I have the

    new
    > bios for this board. I did not install any drivers from the Windows

    Update
    > site. I did uninstall the old drivers before loading the new.
    >
    > I don't think this new ide driver is compatible with this board. Until
    > someone speaks up and confirms that it works on the 8RDA+ I'll continue to
    > think this way. I think there is an outside chance that this driver is
    > smart enough to know that it will hose my system if it were to install so

    it
    > does not.
    >
    > DaveL

    This is not a global issue, your problem is system specific. Your
    troubleshooting has been advanced, but did not uncover the problem. (btw,
    your board has jumpers, make sure they are seated)

    Please compare your .INF to this one (link) to check for errors.

    http://files2.guru3d.com/nvidia/nvatabus.inf

    Friendly Guru, Nov 30, 2004