  1. --x--

    --x-- Guest

    It has an amd athlon xp1600, looking to upgrade. thanks.
    --x--, Jul 21, 2005

  2. --x--

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:32:24 -0400, --x-- wrote:

    > It has an amd athlon xp1600, looking to upgrade. thanks.

    Any multiplier unlocked CPU. Thgis includes older XP's, MP's and XP-M's.
    Any /266 models.

    Wes Newell, Jul 22, 2005

  3. --x--

    uddarts Guest

    Re: best processor for asus a7v266 kt266

    "" wrote:
    > It has an amd athlon xp1600, looking to upgrade. thanks.

    AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 512K 266MHz CPU OEM
    http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=AX2800_266

    AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 2600+ (45W) Barton 266MHz FSB 512KB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103436

    ATHLON XP 2400+ THOUROUGHBRED SOCKET A (266Mhz BUS)
    http://www.pcprogress.com/product.asp?m1=pw&pid=AMDXP2400+OEM

    you may want to upgrade your bios.
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    the surest bet would be the 2400(locked) tbred. the 2800(unlocked) has
    a 16 multi which is the same as a xp2600+ but with the extra cache.
    2600-m(unlocked) some boards have problems with them. you do have
    multi selection on your board don’t you? how about voltages?

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/AMD-Thunderbird-processor-asus-a7v266-kt266-ftopict59271.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300191
    uddarts, Jul 22, 2005