    Seagate Barracuda V?
    or Western digital?

    Jeff

    Jeff Labute, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Jeff Labute

    Courseyauto Guest

    first choice is WD raptor if 36 gb is enough. Next would be MAXTOR, hey thats
    the 2 drives i have...

    Courseyauto, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Jeff Labute

    dino Guest

    keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty

    dino, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Jeff Labute

    Rob Guest

    Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
    with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
    of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
    haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.

    Rob

    Rob, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Jeff Labute

    Vince Guest

    Rob <> wrote in message news:<GAiEb.592721$Fm2.545115@attbi_s04>...
    > Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
    > with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
    > of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
    > haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
    >
    > Rob
    >
    > dino wrote:
    > > keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty

    Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
    warranty. Check their website for details.

    Vince, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Jeff Labute

    Eyman Guest

    go for the new WD 74Gb 10,000RPM drives if you can afford it.

    otherwise Maxtor is a good choice

    Eyman

    Eyman, Dec 19, 2003
  7. Jeff Labute

    dgk Guest

    On 18 Dec 2003 11:48:23 -0800, (Vince) wrote:

    >Rob <> wrote in message news:<GAiEb.592721$Fm2.545115@attbi_s04>...
    >> Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
    >> with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
    >> of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
    >> haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
    >>
    >> Rob
    >>
    >> dino wrote:
    >> > keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty
    >> >

    >Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
    >warranty. Check their website for details.

    I saw that both WD and Maxtor have 3 years on the 120 (and above I
    think). Hitachi only had 1 year. I didn't check Seagate but Rob has
    120s and said 1 year.

    dgk, Dec 19, 2003
  8. Jeff Labute

    Doug Ramage Guest

    "dgk" <> wrote in message
    > On 18 Dec 2003 11:48:23 -0800, (Vince) wrote:
    >
    > >Rob <> wrote in message

    > >> Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
    > >> with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
    > >> of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
    > >> haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
    > >>
    > >> Rob

    > >Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
    > >warranty. Check their website for details.

    > I saw that both WD and Maxtor have 3 years on the 120 (and above I
    > think). Hitachi only had 1 year. I didn't check Seagate but Rob has
    > 120s and said 1 year.

    I have 2 x 120Gb Maxtor SATAs, both with 3 year warranties.
    --
    Doug Ramage

    ***Watch Spam Trap***

    Doug Ramage, Dec 19, 2003
  9. Jeff Labute

    MikeW Guest

    The Seagate 160MB SATA drive has a three year warrantee. The
    Seagate's are also the only drives <200 MB that are native SATA, and
    PATA with a converter chip.

    MikeW, Dec 19, 2003