better S-ata HD?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Jeff Labute, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Jeff Labute

    Jeff Labute Guest

    which drive would you guys pick?
    Maxtor Diamond 9
    Seagate Barracuda V?
    or Western digital?

    Jeff

    1. Advertising

  2. Courseyauto

    Courseyauto Guest

    first choice is WD raptor if 36 gb is enough. Next would be MAXTOR, hey thats
    the 2 drives i have...

    1. Advertising

  3. dino

    dino Guest

    keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty

  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
    with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
    of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
    haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.

    Rob

    dino wrote:
    > keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty

  5. Vince

    Vince Guest

    Rob <> wrote in message news:<GAiEb.592721$Fm2.545115@attbi_s04>...
    > Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
    > with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
    > of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
    > haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
    >
    > Rob
    >
    > dino wrote:
    > > keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty

    Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
    warranty. Check their website for details.

  6. Eyman

    Eyman Guest

    go for the new WD 74Gb 10,000RPM drives if you can afford it.

    otherwise Maxtor is a good choice

    Eyman

    "Jeff Labute" <> wrote in message
    > which drive would you guys pick?
    > Maxtor Diamond 9
    > Seagate Barracuda V?
    > or Western digital?
    >
    > Jeff

  7. dgk

    dgk Guest

    On 18 Dec 2003 11:48:23 -0800, (Vince) wrote:

    >Rob <> wrote in message news:<GAiEb.592721$Fm2.545115@attbi_s04>...
    >> Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
    >> with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
    >> of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
    >> haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
    >>
    >> Rob
    >>
    >> dino wrote:
    >> > keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty
    >> >

    >Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
    >warranty. Check their website for details.

    I saw that both WD and Maxtor have 3 years on the 120 (and above I
    think). Hitachi only had 1 year. I didn't check Seagate but Rob has
    120s and said 1 year.

  8. Doug Ramage

    Doug Ramage Guest

    "dgk" <> wrote in message
    > On 18 Dec 2003 11:48:23 -0800, (Vince) wrote:
    >
    > >Rob <> wrote in message

    > >> Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
    > >> with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
    > >> of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
    > >> haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
    > >>
    > >> Rob

    > >Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
    > >warranty. Check their website for details.

    > I saw that both WD and Maxtor have 3 years on the 120 (and above I
    > think). Hitachi only had 1 year. I didn't check Seagate but Rob has
    > 120s and said 1 year.

    I have 2 x 120Gb Maxtor SATAs, both with 3 year warranties.
    --
    Doug Ramage

    ***Watch Spam Trap***

  9. MikeW

    MikeW Guest

    The Seagate 160MB SATA drive has a three year warrantee. The
    Seagate's are also the only drives <200 MB that are native SATA, and
    PATA with a converter chip.