BH6 and IEEE1394

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Marc Nataf, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. Marc Nataf

    Marc Nataf Guest

    does bh6 works with it

    1. Advertising

  2. "Marc Nataf" <> wrote in message...
    > does bh6 works with it

    There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to use a PCI 1394 card with it if
    that's what you're asking.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

  3. Marc Nataf

    Marc Nataf Guest

    yes it is
    the PCI card 1394 is not seen and i wander if it is available with old mobo
    BH6 even withe the last bios
    "Richard Hopkins" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > "Marc Nataf" <> wrote in message...
    > > does bh6 works with it

    > There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to use a PCI 1394 card with it

    if
    > that's what you're asking.
    > --
    >

    > Richard Hopkins
    > Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
    > (replace .nospam with .com in reply address)
    >
    > The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
    > Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com

  4. - HAL9000

    - HAL9000 Guest

    The operating system doesn't see it, or ?

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:51:59 +0100, "Marc Nataf"
    <> wrote:

    >yes it is
    >the PCI card 1394 is not seen and i wander if it is available with old mobo
    >BH6 even withe the last bios
    >"Richard Hopkins" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >> "Marc Nataf" <> wrote in message...
    >> > does bh6 works with it

    >> There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to use a PCI 1394 card with it

    >if
    >> that's what you're asking.
    >> --
    >>

    >> Richard Hopkins
    >> Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
    >> (replace .nospam with .com in reply address)
    >>
    >> The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
    >> Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com

  5. Marc Nataf

    Marc Nataf Guest

    yes it does not see ti
    have you a solution?
    "- HAL9000" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > The operating system doesn't see it, or ?
    >
    > Forrest
    >
    > Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    > http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/
    >

    > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:51:59 +0100, "Marc Nataf"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >yes it is
    > >the PCI card 1394 is not seen and i wander if it is available with old

    mobo
    > >BH6 even withe the last bios
    > >"Richard Hopkins" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > >>
    > >> There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to use a PCI 1394 card with

    it
    > >if
    > >> that's what you're asking.
    > >> --
    > >>

    > >> Richard Hopkins
    > >> Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
    > >> (replace .nospam with .com in reply address)
    > >>
    > >> The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
    > >> Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com

  6. Gripper

    Gripper Guest

    "Marc Nataf" <> wrote
    > yes it does not see ti
    > have you a solution?
    > "- HAL9000" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >> The operating system doesn't see it, or ?
    >>
    >> Forrest
    >>
    >> Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/
    >>

    >> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:51:59 +0100, "Marc Nataf"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >yes it is
    >> >the PCI card 1394 is not seen and i wander if it is available with old

    > mobo
    >> >BH6 even withe the last bios
    >> >"Richard Hopkins" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > it
    >> >if

    I used a Pyro DV1394 PCI firewire card in my BH6 mobo for a few years, no
    probs. Try a different PCI slot, avoid the one next to the AGP slot. Win XP
    should recognise the 1394 interface straight away, Win 98(must be SE), needs
    drivers loading I recall.
    hth
    Neil

  7. "Marc Nataf" <> wrote in message...
    > the PCI card 1394 is not seen and i wander if it is available with old
    > mobo BH6 even withe the last bios

    There's no obvious reason why this shouldn't work. When you say the card is
    "not seen", presumably you mean it's not plugged and played by the OS? It it
    seen by the PCI device summary screen that flashes up briefly at the end of
    the POST process?

    Other thing to check would be the chipset used by the card. We had another
    thread here recently where a poster tried a couple of different 1394 cards
    and couldn't get either recognised by his motherboard (A BE6-II IIRC).
    Turned out that both had the VIA 6306 chip. He got another card with a
    different chipset and it worked fine.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

  8. Marc Nataf

    Marc Nataf Guest

    i used pinnacle system card PCI firewire with windows 2000 I tride to change
    the Pci plots no change
    the card is not seen by my system

  9. "Marc Nataf" <> wrote in message...
    > the card is not seen by my system

    Again Marc you need to tell us exactly what you mean here. Is the card
    recognised by the POST PCI device listing or not?
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

  10. Marc Nataf

    Marc Nataf Guest

    thanks to all
    the card works when i have changer the slot PCI
    mystery of hardware
    > "Marc Nataf" <> wrote in message...
    > > the card is not seen by my system

    > Again Marc you need to tell us exactly what you mean here. Is the card
    > recognised by the POST PCI device listing or not?
    > --
    >

    > Richard Hopkins
    > Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
    > (replace .nospam with .com in reply address)
    >
    > The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
    > Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com

  11. Fishface

    Fishface Guest

    Richard Hopkins wrote:
    > Other thing to check would be the chipset used by the card. We had
    > another thread here recently where a poster tried a couple of different
    > 1394 cards and couldn't get either recognised by his motherboard (A
    > BE6-II IIRC). Turned out that both had the VIA 6306 chip. He got
    > another card with a different chipset and it worked fine.

    Is that what it turned-out to be? I must have lost track of the thread.
    I had a SYBA card with the VIA 6306 that worked fine with my BF6.
    I'm running it on a Shuttle AN35N at the moment. I would not hesitate
    to buy another one just like it...

  12. "Fishface" <?> wrote in message
    > Is that what it turned-out to be?

    Not conclusively, no. However, given the previous case it seemed like
    something Marc should be aware of.

    > I had a SYBA card with the VIA 6306 that worked fine with my
    > BF6.

    Yeah, I was a little surprised when the change of chipset proved to be such
    a quick fix the last time, as you'd think if there was an inherent
    incompatibility between this 1394 chip and large numbers of Abit boards,
    we'd have seen the evidence some time ago.

    Pending Marc getting back in touch to tell us whether he's solved the
    problem, it's impossible to comment further unfortunately.