    Thanks.

    --
    Jeff Malka
    Jeff Malka, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Jeff Malka

    Andrew Guest

    Jeff Malka <> wrote:
    : I have a new Toshiba A25 S207 Satellite. How does one access the BIOS
    : during bootup? I want to set it to boot from the CD-ROM before the HD.

    My Satellite has a Toshiba Console in Windows (hit the little "t"
    button near my power switch or find it in "All Programs") from which
    you can change "Toshiba Hardware Settings". Go to "Boot Priority" to
    change what you want. This is probably easier than doing it via the
    BIOS.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    Andrew, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Hold down the ESCAPE key before turning on power and keep holding it
    until you get an error message or error beep (the machine will think
    that the keyboard is stuck or broken), then hit F1 to enter the BIOS
    setup program, as it will say on the screen.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Jeff Malka

    Jeff Malka Guest

    Thank you. That worked perfectly.

    Since the laptop has no floppy disk drive, I wished to have the option to
    boot from the CD-ROM before the HDD. Only problem is that the only option on
    my Toshiba BIOS page is CD-ROM/LAN/HDD, etc. So now it searches the LAN on
    bootup and because the cable is disconnected, I get an error message from
    RealTek that there is no media, and then it goes on to bootup correctly.
    There seems to be no option on the BIOS screen to skip the LAN and go
    straight from the CD-ROM to the HDD in the boot sequence. Strange.

    Do you know any way to get around this?

    --
    Jeff Malka

    Jeff Malka, Sep 20, 2003