    short beep pattern.

    Thanks very much in ahead for help.

    , Apr 2, 2008

  2. Guest

    On Apr 2, 9:27 am, wrote:
    > I have a Gateway MX3563 laptop with windows XP home. Now every time I
    > restart the computer, it goes into BIOS setup screen and constantly
    > beeps non-stop. If I click a key, it will stop beeping. However, I can
    > only choose "Exit discarding any changes." to exit the BIOS page and
    > return to Windows. Once in the windows, it starts to beep constantly
    > again until I click any key. It now seems work fine.
    >
    > Prior to this problem, the keyboard does not work (quite a few keys do
    > not give correct output, for example, if typing A it will come out "l
    > \;"...) I am not sure if I dropped a bit water onto the laptop that
    > caused the keyboard problem. I put the laptop on the bathroom cabinet
    > while I washed my face. I researched on Gateway site and learned how
    > to open the keyboard. After I reinstalling the keyboard, it comes the
    > problem of going into BIOS setup every time the laptop restarts and
    > beeping constantly. I tried three times to reinstall the keyboard.
    > Finally I had all keys working properly, but the problem of restarting
    > into BIOS setup page and beeping constantly still remain. it just
    > constantly beeping "dididididi............." no pause, no long or
    > short beep pattern.
    >
    > Thanks very much in ahead for help.

    It is very likely that the keyboard is faulty. The constant beeping
    is actually the system sensing that a key had been stuck. The key may
    not physically be depressed but the circuit board could be messed up.

    If possible, try disabling the keyboard in the BIOS and using an
    external keyboard. If the beeping stops then you have isolated the
    problem. The best thing to do would be to call gateway support for
    some further direction.

    , Apr 2, 2008

  3. smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 2, 8:42 am, wrote:
    > On Apr 2, 9:27 am, wrote:
    >

    > > I have a Gateway MX3563 laptop with windows XP home. Now every time I
    > > restart the computer, it goes into BIOS setup screen and constantly
    > > beeps non-stop. If I click a key, it will stop beeping. However, I can
    > > only choose "Exit discarding any changes." to exit the BIOS page and
    > > return to Windows. Once in the windows, it starts to beep constantly
    > > again until I click any key. It now seems work fine.

    > > Prior to this problem, the keyboard does not work (quite a few keys do
    > > not give correct output, for example, if typing A it will come out "l
    > > \;"...)  I am not sure if I dropped a bit water onto the laptop that
    > > caused the keyboard problem. I put the laptop on the bathroom cabinet
    > > while I washed my face. I researched on Gateway site and learned how
    > > to open the keyboard. After I reinstalling the keyboard, it comes the
    > > problem of going into BIOS setup every time the laptop restarts and
    > > beeping constantly. I tried three times to reinstall the keyboard.
    > > Finally I had all keys working properly, but the problem of restarting
    > > into BIOS setup page and beeping constantly still remain. it just
    > > constantly beeping "dididididi............." no pause, no long or
    > > short beep pattern.

    > > Thanks very much in ahead for help.

    > It is very likely that the keyboard is faulty.  The constant beeping
    > is actually the system sensing that a key had been stuck.  The key may
    > not physically be depressed but the circuit board could be messed up.
    >
    > If possible, try disabling the keyboard in the BIOS and using an
    > external keyboard.  If the beeping stops then you have isolated the
    > problem.  The best thing to do would be to call gateway support for
    > some further direction.- Hide quoted text -

    BIOS beeps can also indicate other problems than just keyboard
    issues. You need to locate the correct "BIOS" beep code definition
    info and compair the short / long beep coses.

    smlunatick, Apr 2, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Apr 2, 10:19 am, smlunatick <> wrote:
    > On Apr 2, 8:42 am, wrote:
    >

    > > On Apr 2, 9:27 am, wrote:

    > > > I have a Gateway MX3563 laptop with windows XP home. Now every time I
    > > > restart the computer, it goes into BIOS setup screen and constantly
    > > > beeps non-stop. If I click a key, it will stop beeping. However, I can
    > > > only choose "Exit discarding any changes." to exit the BIOS page and
    > > > return to Windows. Once in the windows, it starts to beep constantly
    > > > again until I click any key. It now seems work fine.

    > > > Prior to this problem, the keyboard does not work (quite a few keys do
    > > > not give correct output, for example, if typing A it will come out "l
    > > > \;"...) I am not sure if I dropped a bit water onto the laptop that
    > > > caused the keyboard problem. I put the laptop on the bathroom cabinet
    > > > while I washed my face. I researched on Gateway site and learned how
    > > > to open the keyboard. After I reinstalling the keyboard, it comes the
    > > > problem of going into BIOS setup every time the laptop restarts and
    > > > beeping constantly. I tried three times to reinstall the keyboard.
    > > > Finally I had all keys working properly, but the problem of restarting
    > > > into BIOS setup page and beeping constantly still remain. it just
    > > > constantly beeping "dididididi............." no pause, no long or
    > > > short beep pattern.

    > > > Thanks very much in ahead for help.

    > > It is very likely that the keyboard is faulty. The constant beeping
    > > is actually the system sensing that a key had been stuck. The key may
    > > not physically be depressed but the circuit board could be messed up.

    > > If possible, try disabling the keyboard in the BIOS and using an
    > > external keyboard. If the beeping stops then you have isolated the
    > > problem. The best thing to do would be to call gateway support for
    > > some further direction.- Hide quoted text -

    > BIOS beeps can also indicate other problems than just keyboard
    > issues. You need to locate the correct "BIOS" beep code definition
    > info and compair the short / long beep coses.

    There is no short/long beep coses. It is just constantly beeping non
    stop, it will continue to beep forever until I hit any key.

    , Apr 2, 2008

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Gateway-MX3560-...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

    G.G.Willikers, Apr 2, 2008
  6. Ben Myers Guest

    If the laptop is still under warranty, get Gateway to do the repair. If you
    have to send it back to Gateway, remove the hard drive, first. No telling what
    you'll get back as a hard drive from Gateway. (I had to deal with a very upset
    client who had Gateway do a simple repair. When she got a system back, maybe
    not the original, it had a fresh load of Windows on it and none of her software.
    She was impossible to deal with, being upset by the Gateway repair job, and I no
    longer deal with her small company.)

    If the laptop is not under warranty, buy a replacement keyboard and do it
    yourself or have a competent service professional replace the keyboard.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 2, 2008
  7. smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 2, 10:38 am, wrote:
    > On Apr 2, 10:19 am, smlunatick <> wrote:

    > > > It is very likely that the keyboard is faulty.  The constant beeping
    > > > is actually the system sensing that a key had been stuck.  The key may
    > > > not physically be depressed but the circuit board could be messed up.

    > > > If possible, try disabling the keyboard in the BIOS and using an
    > > > external keyboard.  If the beeping stops then you have isolated the
    > > > problem.  The best thing to do would be to call gateway support for
    > > > some further direction.- Hide quoted text -

    > > BIOS beeps can also indicate other problems than just keyboard
    > > issues.  You need to locate the correct "BIOS" beep code definition
    > > info and compair the short / long beep coses.

    > There is no short/long beep coses. It is just constantly beeping non
    > stop, it will continue to beep forever until I hit any key.- Hide quoted text -

    I seen where the beeping that was caused by e stuck key did not let me
    pass further (system frooze.) Make sure you check all possible causes.

    smlunatick, Apr 2, 2008