    is restoring BIOS to default but I do not loose time and date.

    Somebody help me please.

    , Sep 22, 2006

  2. dave Guest

    Maybe the cmos battery needs to be replaced? I don't know if laptops have
    cmos batteries. If this was a desktop machine then the cmos battery would
    be the answer. Sorry but my laptop repair experience is little to none.

    DaveL

    dave, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Davy Guest

    Could be the bios back up battery, the first thing I would suspect in
    this sort of case providing you are pressing the right buttons to
    'Save to Bios'.

    The HDD should really be the first boot device... the other's can be
    disabled since we are not going to boot from these.

    Davy

    Davy, Sep 23, 2006