    this?

    Thanks

    , Mar 28, 2006

  2. Davy Guest

    Learn German...

    Could you not drop another HDD drive in just to see if it boot's..
    Obviously if you do this you won't have the right drivers for th
    mobo , we just need to see if it boots or at least recognised in th
    bios...if so then you could try formatting a un-used HDD. Don'
    forget the HDD needs to be set on the linking pins for Master, Rai
    or whatever

    You could try and check and see if you can flash the bios for th
    language of your choice, try looking at their website or droppin
    them an E-mail

    It's a good question because...would it work if the Bios was in Germa
    and you reformatted the HDD to whatever language you choose...

    I say an un-used HDD here because if it doesn't work you coul
    always.........learn German

    Dav

    Davy, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Guest

    Here's what I did. I removed the drive, and flashed the bios, again. I
    took the drive to another machine. Did a Delpart, fdisk, format. Put it
    back into the 'German' machine. This time I had the win98 boot and
    win98 cd inserted. When the three selections in German came up for
    win98 I pressed enter on cd install. It did not launch. However, I was
    able to choose setup in german and installed windows98. If I log into
    windows98 -English. However, anything prior to the log in screen,
    German. One would think the bios flash downloaded from the USA site
    would flush out the German, and paint in English.

    , Mar 30, 2006
  4. Guest

    Solution arrived: I pulled out the GeForce MX440 and replaced it with a
    standard PCI graphic card, and viola, all English.

    I don't understand it, but, that solved the problem.

    , Apr 4, 2006