    2004-04-05
    BIOS ver 2BA1 for KT600 Dragon Plus v1.0
    Thanx

    WrAvEn, Jan 21, 2005

  2. WrAvEn

    f/f george Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:49:36 -0500, "WrAvEn" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a SOYO KT600 Dragon Plus board Version 1.0-Edition: August 2003.
    >Which of these upgrades does anyone recommend I use to perform my flash?
    >BIOS Upgrade for SY-KT600 DRAGON PLUS v.1.0
    >
    >ktp32ba3.exe
    >2004-10-10
    >Award BIOS update 2ba3 for SY-KT600 Dragon Plus v1.0
    >(or)
    >ktp32ba1.exe
    >2004-04-05
    >BIOS ver 2BA1 for KT600 Dragon Plus v1.0
    >Thanx

    Why are you trying to flash the bios? Does the board not do something
    you would like it to do? If the answer is, the board does everything I
    want it to do now, then DO NOT flash it.
    Done wrong flashing can kill a mb, done right it can provide extended
    capabilities to a mb.

    f/f george, Jan 21, 2005

  3. WrAvEn

    Guest

    Well if you were to look at each of these files and what they are
    listed as you would find that ktp32ba1.exe is the original release BIOS
    file that your board came with.

    If you look at ktp32ba3.exe you would see listed just what this BIOS
    file changes from your version to this one. That is, it only adds
    support for the Sempron CPU. So if your planning on adding a Sempron
    CPU you will need this BIOS file. If your not planning on changing to
    the Sempron then DO NOT FLASH!

    Far to many people feel that since there is a BIOS update out for there
    board they must have it. This is not the case, you should only flash
    your BIOS if your experiancing a problem that the new file addressed or
    your planning on adding new hardware that the file supports.

    The risk of the flashing process going wrong and leaving your
    motherboard usless till you can have the BIOS chip reflashed on proper
    equipment or replaced with a new chip just doesn't warrent the risk
    unless it does fix a problem your currently having or adds support for
    new hardware your planning on adding.

    , Jan 21, 2005
  4. WrAvEn

    WrAvEn Guest

    Re: Bios Flash? Which one?Thank you!

    I thank you very much for spelling out exactly what these flash numbers
    mean, and what they do. Being a novice dealing with computers, this is
    information I need to make an informed decision. If it ain't broke - don't
    fix it! I will leave well enough alone and be happy knowing I have the
    proper bios update on my MOBO. Thank you for the informative and helpful
    reply, this is a great newsgroup!

    WrAvEn, Jan 22, 2005
  5. WrAvEn

    WrAvEn Guest

    Thanks ff/george - your info, along with that of the other poster
    j.burghdoff has convinced me to leave well enough alone. My machine is
    running quite nicely the way it is presently so I'll just keep my cotton
    picking hands off it >grin< and be happy with it. Thanks ever so much for
    the reply.

    WrAvEn, Jan 22, 2005