    support the bootstrap ports usb, with hard disk usb and pen drive?

    Thanks

    Best regards

    Max, Aug 22, 2007

  2. Max

    Max Guest

    "Max" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:46cc0219$0$10627$...
    > Hy
    >
    > the bios of the notebook Inspiron 1501 Amd Turion x2
    > support the bootstrap ports usb, with hard disk usb and pen drive?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Best regards

    the answer is no?

    Thanks

    Max, Aug 23, 2007

  3. Max

    S.Lewis Guest

    "Max" <> wrote in message

    > "Max" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> Hy
    >>
    >> the bios of the notebook Inspiron 1501 Amd Turion x2
    >> support the bootstrap ports usb, with hard disk usb and pen drive?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Best regards
    >>

    > the answer is no?
    >
    > Thanks

    If you're asking if the 1501 can boot to a (bootable) USB flash drive or USB
    external hard disk - I have no idea since I've not done it myself.

    I suspect that it will easily boot to a (bootable) USB flash drive/key.

    I have no idea about the external disk. I would guess that isn't commonly
    done which isn't to say it isn't possible.

    How about you try it and post back?

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Max

    Max Guest

    thanks

    the boot usb option is present in the bios?

    Thanks

    Best regards

    Max, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Max

    S.Lewis Guest

    "Max" <> wrote in message
    > thanks
    >
    > the boot usb option is present in the bios?
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Best regards

    Should be. I feel confident you can boot to a USB key. It's just that I've
    not tried (with any Dell system) to boot to an external bootable drive.

    S.Lewis, Aug 23, 2007
  6. Max

    Max Guest

    > Should be. I feel confident you can boot to a USB key. It's just that
    > I've not tried (with any Dell system) to boot to an external bootable
    > drive.

    technical support of Dell answer it's no possible.

    Best regards

    Max, Aug 24, 2007