    Thanks

    --
    Andrew

    Andrew Stirling, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Andrew Stirling

    Mike Gorman Guest

    From www.rojakpot.com

    Common Options : 1.1, 1.4

    Details

    This feature is only applicable to multiprocessor motherboards as it
    specifies the version of the Multi-Processor Specification (MPS) that the
    motherboard will use. The MPS is a specification by which PC manufacturers
    design and build Intel architecture systems with two or more processors.

    MPS 1.1 was the original specification. MPS version 1.4 adds extended
    configuration tables for improved support of multiple PCI bus configurations
    and greater expandability in the future. In addition, MPS 1.4 introduces
    support for a secondary PCI bus without requiring a PCI bridge.

    Please note that MPS version 1.4 is required for a motherboard to support a
    secondary PCI bus without the need for a PCI bridge.

    If your operating system comes with support for MPS 1.4, you should change
    the setting from the default of 1.1 to 1.4. You also need to enable MPS 1.4
    support if you need to make use of the secondary PCI bus on a motherboard
    that doesn't come with a PCI bridge. This is because only MPS 1.4 supports a
    bridgeless secondary PCI bus.

    You should only leave it as 1.1 only if you are running an older operating
    system that only supports MPS 1.1.

    According to Eugene Tan, Windows NT already supports MPS 1.4. Therefore,
    newer operating systems like Windows 2000 and Windows XP shouldn't have any
    problem supporting MPS 1.4.

    However, users of the ABIT BP6 motherboard and Windows 2000 should take note
    of a possible problem with the MPS version set to 1.4. Dan Isaacs reported
    that when you set the MPS version to 1.4 in the ABIT BP6, Windows 2000 will
    not use the second processor. So, if you encounter this problem, set the MPS
    Version Control For OS to 1.1

    Mike Gorman, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Thanks!

    --