BIOS settings for 7NJL6

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by Bill, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Hi,

    I finally received my CT-7NJL6 board from Tiger Direct (those guys are
    kind of screwed up) and am ready to install it and set the BIOS. I was
    surprised that Chaintech's site doesn't have a forum for this kind of
    stuff.

    The manual is pretty much useless in that it doesn't explain any of
    the trickier settings.

    Here are the ones that I am questioning:

    Gate A20 Option?

    Onboard Lan Boot ROM?

    AGP aperture size?
    AGP Frequency?
    AGP Fast Write Capability? - I'll have to check the manufacturer's
    site for this one

    IDE Prefetch Mode?
    manual reads "Set to [disabled] if this primary or secondary"

    IDE HDD Block Mode - if your hard drive supports block mode?

    Resources Controlled By- ???
    manual reads "when set to manual the system BIOS will not refer to the
    ESCD (extended system configuration data) for IRQ and DMA info.
    It will refer to the items in the setup menu for assigning.
    When set to Auto the system BIOS will refer to the ESCD for all legacy
    info".???

    Appreciate any insights!

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Bill

    Ed Guest

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:04:30 -0600, Bill <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I finally received my CT-7NJL6 board from Tiger Direct (those guys are
    >kind of screwed up) and am ready to install it and set the BIOS. I was
    >surprised that Chaintech's site doesn't have a forum for this kind of
    >stuff.
    >
    >The manual is pretty much useless in that it doesn't explain any of
    >the trickier settings.
    >
    >Here are the ones that I am questioning:
    >
    >Gate A20 Option?
    >

    >Onboard Lan Boot ROM?
    >

    >AGP aperture size?
    >AGP Frequency?
    >AGP Fast Write Capability? - I'll have to check the manufacturer's
    >site for this one
    >

    >IDE Prefetch Mode?
    >manual reads "Set to [disabled] if this primary or secondary"
    >
    >IDE HDD Block Mode - if your hard drive supports block mode?
    >
    >Resources Controlled By- ???
    >manual reads "when set to manual the system BIOS will not refer to the
    >ESCD (extended system configuration data) for IRQ and DMA info.
    >It will refer to the items in the setup menu for assigning.
    >When set to Auto the system BIOS will refer to the ESCD for all legacy
    >info".???
    >
    >Appreciate any insights!
    >
    >Bill

    AGP, set to no less then 32M, 64M is basically a good starting point if
    trouble shooting.
    http://www.ati.com/support/faq/cmosagp.html
    http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/aperture-size/
    http://www.ocfaq.com/article.php/overclocking/vidcard/43

    BIOS Guide - http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=9

    Have fun,
    Ed

    Ed, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Bill

    Ginchy Guest

    bill the default settings should be loaded followed by optimum settings if
    there is an option for that and leaving it at the selected defaults should
    be fine for most purposes

    use escd on auto
    disable fast write...usually but check your vga instructions for whats best
    for your agp card

    lan boot off unless you want to access the pc remotely
    agp apeture "usually" double that of the memory of your agp card
    hard drive set to lba

    more on eds links!

    Ginchy, Mar 15, 2005