    graphic card = gecube ati radeon 9550 256 mb AGP card

    I am pretty sure ive installed the agp card correct physically, but please help me with the bios settings

    /martin

    rumble, Oct 11, 2006
  2. rumble

    rumble

    update!!!!

    :confused: Regards to the lack of respons, i contacted the epotex support regarding this problem. When i explained the problem i got the following suggestion or advice:
    You can try to clear CMOS as following steps.
    >> Remove AC power cord from power supply.
    >> Reseat all component.Such as cpu.memory,...
    >> Please set JCMOS(JBAT1) to position 2-3 about 10 second to clear cmos
    >> data
    >> then set it back to position 1-2.
    >> Plug AC power cord into power supply.
    >> Power on.
    >> While the system boot up then press <Del> into BIOS.
    >> Do Load Optimized Defaults and save setting.
    >> Test again.
    >> If the problem still persists,please change some setting in bios for
    >> testing.
    >> 1.Change AGP Aperture Size to 256MB or 64MB for testing.
    >> 2.Chage AGP Driving Driving Value to 00 or E0 for testing.
    >> Both of settings are located at BIOS\Advanced Chipset Features\AGP & P2P
    >> Bridge Control.

    This unfortunately did not work. No matter what i did the machine keept rebooting. One thing that has recently crossed my thoughts are that the computer is "working.. alot..ticking" when nothing special is happening. This is not normal.
    Well to make a long story shorter, i contacted the epotex support again and notified that the problem still exist, i then was given the following advice:
    Please install the new ATI driver and Dx9 version to retest again.

    http://gecube.ehosting.com.tw/download/ATI8.152_XP2K.zip
    http://www.gecube.com/download/DX9.zip

    Because even this advice failed to solve the problem, i am now wondering if there are someone that could help me further or has experienced similar problems. I am now actually wondering if its worth the effort of solving, or buy an more expensive card...and hopefully better one.

    /martin

    rumble, Oct 17, 2006
  3. rumble

    M.A.D.MikE[ATF]

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2006
    Had the same problem. It's caused by a conflict between via km400 and ati. Just switch agp to 4x, and no more crashes )

    M.A.D.MikE[ATF], Nov 1, 2006