BIOS Show Laptop's Model Part Number Wrongly

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Shai, Oct 8, 2007.

  1. Shai

    Shai Guest

    I have an HP Presario v6000tx running under XP SP2.

    Laptop's Part Number on Invoice and on Bottom is GQ362AV.

    BIOS states Presario V6000 (GB115AV).

    GB115A is the P/N of the installed Intel Graphic Accelerator.

    What do I lose in not correcting the BIOS?

    Will I be getting the wrong updates from HP and/or Microsoft?

    How can I correct the BIOS?

    I tried setting the BIOS to defaults.

    I also used a SP from HP and flashed the BIOS.

    Shai, Oct 8, 2007

  2. Shai

    c Guest

    Shai wrote:
    > I have an HP Presario v6000tx running under XP SP2.
    >
    > Laptop's Part Number on Invoice and on Bottom is GQ362AV.
    >
    > BIOS states Presario V6000 (GB115AV).
    >
    > GB115A is the P/N of the installed Intel Graphic Accelerator.
    >
    > What do I lose in not correcting the BIOS?
    >
    > Will I be getting the wrong updates from HP and/or Microsoft?
    >
    > How can I correct the BIOS?
    >
    > I tried setting the BIOS to defaults.
    >
    > I also used a SP from HP and flashed the BIOS.

    I wouldn't worry about it. HP, Dell and the PC mass producers use a
    "generic" BIOS that covers several of their models. Chances are if you
    flashed the wrong BIOS the PC wouldn't post at all. If you look at the
    SP you used, you will probably see that it covers many models.

    Chris

    c, Oct 8, 2007

  3. Shai

    Shai Guest

    Thank you.

    Shai, Oct 9, 2007
  4. Shai

    Shai Guest

    Because the BIOS has the wrong Part Number, will I get a Color Purple
    Error when I attempt using the Recovery Disks that I made?

    Shai, Oct 17, 2007