BIOS update for SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 v 1.0

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Art, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Art

    Art Guest

    Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
    v 1.0 motherboard.

    SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
    file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe

    In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
    (http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
    they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
    BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
    I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated by
    the BIOS update file?

    I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
    haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
    Art

    1. Advertising

  2. Andy

    Andy Guest

    4ipe2aa5.exe is a self extracting Zip archive file containing both the
    BIOS ROM and flash program files.

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:47:02 -0500, "Art" <>
    wrote:

    >Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
    >v 1.0 motherboard.
    >
    >SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
    >file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe
    >
    >In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
    >(http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
    >they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
    >BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
    >I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated by
    >the BIOS update file?
    >
    >I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
    >haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
    >Art

    1. Advertising

  3. Art

    Art Guest

    "Andy" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    > 4ipe2aa5.exe is a self extracting Zip archive file containing both the
    > BIOS ROM and flash program files.

    Many thanks for the info, Andy...
    Art