    When I try to update with the live update utility within windows, nothing
    happens.
    I would appreciate your help.

    Donkeyman, Jan 22, 2007

  2. Donkeyman

    Grunion Guest

    Donkeyman,

    Unless the upgrade is necessary to fix a specfic problem you posses, you
    should just run the old bios. The newest bios isn't necessarily the best
    bios for you.

    - Grun

    Grunion, Jan 22, 2007

  3. Donkeyman

    Donkeyman Guest

    "Grunion" <> schreef in bericht
    > Donkeyman,
    >
    > Unless the upgrade is necessary to fix a specfic problem you posses, you
    > should just run the old bios. The newest bios isn't necessarily the best
    > bios for you.
    >
    > - Grun
    >
    > Donkeyman wrote:
    >> I tried to update my K9N Platinum from bios 1.2 to 1.4.
    >> I used a bootable dvd with the new bios file and the AMI Flash utility.
    >> Within DOS this utility tells me that there is a "program error", and
    >> that I
    >> have to power off the computer. After rebooting the pc everything works
    >> again,
    >> but I still have to use the old bios.
    >> When I try to update with the live update utility within windows, nothing
    >> happens.
    >> I would appreciate your help.

    Grunion, thanks for your answer. In the past I have done many bios upgrades
    and have never had any trouble or dead mainboards. This time I do not have a
    special reason to upgrade, so I will keep the old bios version.
    By the way, I can't find a list of processors which can be used with bios
    version 1.2?

    Donkeyman, Jan 23, 2007