    Bios Revision 2AA1 for the SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus - Would this be the proper
    one to download?
    I don't want to get the wrong flash and mess up my computer.

    WrAvEn, Nov 3, 2004

  2. WrAvEn

    acajka Guest

    "WrAvEn" <> wrote in message news:<2E5id.2656$>...
    > I am running a Soyo KT600 w/8237 chipset.
    > DATA: Phoenix Technologies
    > LTD 6.00 PG, 8/25/2003
    > SMBIOS 2.2
    > Via Technologies
    > X86 - based PC
    > Does anyone know which BIOS update I should download to flash?
    > Soyo offers ktkp2aa1.exe (2003-07-17 - a newer update?)
    > Bios Revision 2AA1 for the SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus - Would this be the proper
    > one to download?
    > I don't want to get the wrong flash and mess up my computer.

    Soyo released 3 versions of the KT600 Dragon Plus boards.
    The first was the original Plus, then the Plus V1.0 and finally Plus V2.0.
    Each has a different bios. It appears you have the original Plus version
    and the most recent bios is ktkp2BA3 released a few weeks ago.

    acajka, Nov 3, 2004

  3. WrAvEn

    WrAvEn Guest

    Thanks acajka, I thought the ktkp2BA3 would be the correct one, but was
    hesitant to try the flash until I got a 2nd opinion. Thanks for the reply
    and wish me luck! WrAvEn

    WrAvEn, Nov 4, 2004
  4. WrAvEn

    Jim B. Guest

    (acajka) wrote in message news:<>...
    > "WrAvEn" <> wrote in message news:<2E5id.2656$>...

    What problems are you experiancing with the system? If your not
    experiancing a problem then DON'T FLASH. New BIOS files are to fix
    problems or give added support for something new. If your don't have a
    problem or are not adding new hardware that the new BIOS would support
    the risk of a bad flash isn't worth it.

    Jim B., Nov 4, 2004