BioStar M7NCD BIOS Settings?

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by Peter van der Goes, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. This refers to the non-Pro model...
    How/where do I control the CPU multiplier? I see the FSB setting, and I read
    in the manual that if I set CPU Performance to [Expert] that I will have
    full control over performance, but although I can adjust the AGP frequency
    in 1 MHz increments, the FSB can be set to 133, 166 or 200, and I can
    control memory speed separately, I can't change the multiplier?
    I'm running an XP2400+ and would like to run it at 166x13 instead of the
    default 133x15.
    I'm also having trouble installing the so-called NVidia Overclock utility
    (thinking this may be the way to get at the multiplier?).
    I've installed the full driver set that came on the CD, but when I try to
    install
    the overclock utility, I get a cryptic message box saying "You must install
    driver
    first". What driver, and where do I get it? The Biostar web site has no
    drivers available except for the NVidia chipset drivers that came on the CD.
    Am I SOL here? Any ideas much appreciated.

    ** All opinions are mine alone.Do not attribute elsewhere!
    ** Peter van der Goes, Professor, Computers & Information Technology
    ** Rose State College
    *********************** Contact ************************************
    ** Office e-mail:
    ** Home e-mail:
    ** Web Page: http://www.rose.edu/Faculty/pvan/index.htm

  2. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 07:27:04 -0600, Peter van der Goes wrote:

    > This refers to the non-Pro model...
    > How/where do I control the CPU multiplier? I see the FSB setting, and I read
    > in the manual that if I set CPU Performance to [Expert] that I will have
    > full control over performance, but although I can adjust the AGP frequency
    > in 1 MHz increments, the FSB can be set to 133, 166 or 200, and I can
    > control memory speed separately, I can't change the multiplier?
    > I'm running an XP2400+ and would like to run it at 166x13 instead of the
    > default 133x15.

    If the board/bios doesn't have multiplier control, you can change the
    multiplier to 13 by modding the cpu or by some other means like the pinmod
    guide. These sites should help.

    http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/TbredDecode0.htm#Table

    http://www.ocinside.de

  3. "Wes Newell" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 07:27:04 -0600, Peter van der Goes wrote:
    >

    > If the board/bios doesn't have multiplier control, you can change the
    > multiplier to 13 by modding the cpu or by some other means like the pinmod
    > guide. These sites should help.
    >
    > http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/TbredDecode0.htm#Table
    >
    > http://www.ocinside.de
    >
    > --
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html

    Thanks very much for the links, Wes.
    Truth is, I'm trying to find someone else with this board so I can confirm
    the lack of multiplier settings. The board was inexpensive, and runs well,
    so I got my $$ worth. I just concerned that I may be missing something
    obvious :)

  4. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:29:03 -0600, Peter van der Goes wrote:

    > Truth is, I'm trying to find someone else with this board so I can confirm
    > the lack of multiplier settings. The board was inexpensive, and runs well,
    > so I got my $$ worth. I just concerned that I may be missing something
    > obvious :)

    I dl'd the manual and couldn't find any jumper settings or bios settings
    for the multiplier in it, so i'm guessing it doesn't support multiplier
    changes. Also didn't see anything about multiplier in Warpspeeder.

  5. Fitz

    Fitz Guest

    My installation CD has another program on it aside from Warpspeed. It's the
    "NVidia Overclocking Utility". I would image that would be where you would
    set
    the CPU multiplier from. There is also an Award Bios instruction guide which
    is much more detailed than the motherboard hardcopy instructions. I saw no
    CPU multiplier in the BIOS.

    Good Luck,
    Fitz