Biostar M7NCD

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by BF, Sep 28, 2003.

  1. BF

    BF Guest

    Any opinions on this board? I can't believe the price. I don't usually go
    cheap but how bad can it be?

    1. Advertising

  2. Alan

    Alan Guest

    I just installed one for a client where performance and price was important.
    It has only been running for a couple of weeks, no problems.
    CPU Barton 2500, Mushkin 3200 (green), and Nvidia 5200FX card. Really nice
    value on all 3 components.

    It doesn't overclock the same as the Abit NF7-S as FSB increments are 133,
    166, 200, etc. no single units. The board detected the processor right away
    and ran out of the box. (it did have an issue with a Matrox video card
    G550, so I switched to the Nvidia 5200)
    Couldn't find shutdown protection in the Bios, but I doubt if it isn't on
    the board. No Sata either.

    Overall, nice layout, good looking board, LAN is working, sound is 5.1, and
    it seems stable so far.

    I would put another one in a computer where I know the person won't be
    overclocking, won't be looking for firewire or Sata and requires LAN.

    Hope this helps,

    Alan

    "BF" <> wrote in message
    > Any opinions on this board? I can't believe the price. I don't usually

    go
    > cheap but how bad can it be?

    1. Advertising

  3. BF

    BF Guest

    Thanks for the info. I do like to play and the FSB increments would be a
    drawback, but still a deal for anyone that just wants to upgrade for a very
    reasonable price.

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > I just installed one for a client where performance and price was

    important.
    > It has only been running for a couple of weeks, no problems.
    > CPU Barton 2500, Mushkin 3200 (green), and Nvidia 5200FX card. Really

    nice
    > value on all 3 components.
    >
    > It doesn't overclock the same as the Abit NF7-S as FSB increments are 133,
    > 166, 200, etc. no single units. The board detected the processor right

    away
    > and ran out of the box. (it did have an issue with a Matrox video card
    > G550, so I switched to the Nvidia 5200)
    > Couldn't find shutdown protection in the Bios, but I doubt if it isn't on
    > the board. No Sata either.
    >
    > Overall, nice layout, good looking board, LAN is working, sound is 5.1,

    and
    > it seems stable so far.
    >
    > I would put another one in a computer where I know the person won't be
    > overclocking, won't be looking for firewire or Sata and requires LAN.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Alan
    >

    > "BF" <> wrote in message
    > > Any opinions on this board? I can't believe the price. I don't usually

    > go
    > > cheap but how bad can it be?

  4. loonym

    loonym Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > I just installed one for a client where performance and price

    was important.
    > It has only been running for a couple of weeks, no problems.
    > CPU Barton 2500, Mushkin 3200 (green), and Nvidia 5200FX card.

    Really nice
    > value on all 3 components.
    >
    > It doesn't overclock the same as the Abit NF7-S as FSB

    increments are 133,
    > 166, 200, etc. no single units.

    In expert mode I've had my M7NCD-Pro to 244 x 9.5
    Currently running happily at 211 x 11 with 2x256geil golden
    dragon pc3500. It indeeds supports single increment adjustment as
    well as vdimm, vcore and chipset voltage fine tuning. Very nice
    bargain overclocking board.

    The board detected the processor right away
    > and ran out of the box. (it did have an issue with a Matrox

    video card
    > G550, so I switched to the Nvidia 5200)
    > Couldn't find shutdown protection in the Bios, but I doubt if

    it isn't on
    > the board. No Sata either.
    >
    > Overall, nice layout, good looking board, LAN is working, sound

    is 5.1, and
    > it seems stable so far.
    >
    > I would put another one in a computer where I know the person

    won't be
    > overclocking, won't be looking for firewire or Sata and

    requires LAN.

    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Alan
    >

    > "BF" <> wrote in message
    > > Any opinions on this board? I can't believe the price. I

    don't usually
    > go
    > > cheap but how bad can it be?

  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Glad to hear, I must have missed that setting in the BIOS. I did check the
    board that I had sold for single unit increments and only found as I had
    reported. Perhaps you can point out where it was missed. I no longer have
    a manual to review.

    What about overtemp protection for the CPU?

    Alan