    broken components in a row :/

    Thanks,
    bl8n8r
    bad_knee, Sep 25, 2003

  2. bad_knee

    bad_knee Guest

    Just for anyone interested, the problem was the jumper
    I had over the power leads so I could start it out of the
    case. ATX power supplies turn on with a momentary closure
    of the power-button circuit. Leaving the jumper over the
    leads makes the power supply think you are holding the power
    button in to turn it off. I found the answer here:

    http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/archive/topic/19050-1.html

    To get the board powered up, I removed the jumper right after
    the cpu fan started spinning, and the board stayed powered-up.
    bad_knee, Sep 26, 2003

  3. bad_knee

    Dan Chatten Guest

    I just noticed your post here in google, and it is a similar problem I
    am having with my new BRISTAR M7VIG MB. I hope you/somebody might
    lend some input.

    I have the board in the case (300 watt ps), nothing connected but the
    power supply, and on/off power buttom to the MB. When I turn on the
    power, the PS fan runs for about 5 secs and stops. I'm stumped !

    When I hook and old board that I have up to it the PS runs fine, so
    I'm sure the PS is ok.

    I am interested in what you think this could be? Boy, I would love to
    get past this.

    Thanks in advance.

    Thanks,
    Dan