Biostar N68s3+ issues

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by LJThorburn, Feb 9, 2012.

1. LJThorburn

LJThorburn

Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie to these forums and I haven't completely found my way around properly yet but I have a minor concern with the above motherboard. I've just bought it and have installed it, had a few glitches with the power pins but the comp has booted up now, and I am in the middle of installing Windows 7. However, before I got this far I was having an issue with the keyboard and mouse; they're plugged into the I/O panel as opposed to the front as I rarely use the front ones, and when I booted the computer I could use the keyboard to get into Setup etc but the system wouldn't pick up my old IDE dvd drive, only the new second SATA Dvd drive, and the first one wouldn't open, I figured I must have forgot to plug the 4 pin power cable into the old drive so I did so and voila, it opened, but when it booted to my password window the keyboard and the mouse stopped working, likewise when I tried to enter setup to boot from dvd drive to install Windows 7. I unplugged it again and keyboard and mouse worked fine, which is why I am now installed Windows 7 using my new SATA dvd drive. What would cause a such a conflict with the old IDE drive and the USB keyboard and mouse? Is it just recommended that I buy a new SATA dvd drive? I've no problems doings this, I'd just rather not have to if there is a simple solution. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Lindsey.

LJThorburn, Feb 9, 2012
Ask a Question