Biostar tforce 6100 HT Settings

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by Ed Light, May 20, 2006.

  1. Ed Light

    Ed Light Guest

    On the Biostar tforce 6100 there is the normal HT setting in the
    overclocking screen, then in the advanced chipset screen there are

    NB-->SB HT Speed

    The Choices: 4X (default).1X, 2X, 3X, 5X.

    NB<--SB HT Speed

    The Choices: 4X (default).1X, 2X, 3X, 5X.

    Does anyone know if you're supposed to adjust these too?

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Bring the Troops Home:
    http://bringthemhomenow.org

    Fight Spam:
    http://bluesecurity.com

    Ed Light, May 20, 2006

  2. Ed Light

    user Guest

    Ed Light wrote:
    > On the Biostar tforce 6100 there is the normal HT setting in the
    > overclocking screen, then in the advanced chipset screen there are
    >
    > NB-->SB HT Speed
    >
    > The Choices: 4X (default).1X, 2X, 3X, 5X.
    >
    > NB<--SB HT Speed
    >
    > The Choices: 4X (default).1X, 2X, 3X, 5X.
    >

    > Does anyone know if you're supposed to adjust these too?

    I have this board but have always left these settings at default. Maybe
    the people at this forum could help you:
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=963584

    user, May 21, 2006

  3. Ed Light

    Ed Light Guest

    Ed Light, May 21, 2006
  4. Ed Light

    user Guest

    Ed Light wrote:
    >> the people at this forum could help you:
    >> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=963584

    > Great! They solved it -- change both.

    So what kind of results? how much did changing these settings increase
    your performance? BTW, what are your opinions of this board? Mine seems
    to OC to the max and is very stable. The video is adequate for my
    purposes but i don't play many 3d games.

    user, May 24, 2006
  5. Ed Light

    Ed Light Guest

    "user" <> wrote in message
    > Ed Light wrote:
    >>> the people at this forum could help you:
    >>> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=963584

    >> Great! They solved it -- change both.
    >>

    > So what kind of results? how much did changing these settings increase
    > your performance? BTW, what are your opinions of this board? Mine seems to
    > OC to the max and is very stable. The video is adequate for my purposes
    > but i don't play many 3d games.

    We did a 50% overclock on a Sempron 64 2800+ right off the bat.

    Changing the ht in the overclocking screen and in the advanced chipset
    screen for the
    NB <-< SB and NB >-> SB did the trick.

    These are the settings:
    Clock 300 sets cpu (8x multiplier) at 2400
    cpu 1.5v (may do ok with less -- subject of later tests)
    ht 3x in all 3 places for a 900 result
    memory is ddr500 so it can run at 250. Set it for 166 and it's at 240.

    Before overclocking I set the memory to 250 so the slower timings would be
    auto-set. I rebooted, looked at the timings, they seemed fine, and I set
    them to manual in both places in the list to lock them there so that when I
    set the memory to 166 the motherboard wouldn't go to tight timings, which
    may not have worked at the actual 240 speed.

    It worked right away and survived prime95 overnight.

    For user stories check the user reviews on the board at newegg and the
    forums at hardocp.com

    It's my friend's board. He used to get 6 or 8 fps in World of Warcraft with
    an Athlon xp 1700 and geforce 2 mx 200. With the unoverclocked new system
    using the onboard video he got 14. Overclocking raised it to 20, and
    sometimes it hits 30. He may yet get a video card, and maybe even a sound
    card.

    The Sempron 64 2800+ overclocked doesn't go above 40C overclocked like that
    with the stock heatsink that came with it. Maybe in the summer with a video
    card in there it would heat up more.
    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/