    installed within the computer or is one a bluetooth stick type module that is
    plugged into the USB 2.0 port in the back of the iMac G5?

    Thanks for any help!

    John Decker, Sep 22, 2004

  2. On 2004-09-22 11:13:10 -0500, John Decker <> said:

    > I have a clarification question about the two bluetooth add-on options for the
    > iMac G5. There is the option to add Òinternal Bluetooth ModuleÓ only and then
    > another option to add ÒBluetooth Module + Apple Wireless Keyboard & mouse.Ó Is
    > the Bluetooth Module in both cases the same? Are the Bluetooth options both
    > installed within the computer or is one a bluetooth stick type module that is
    > plugged into the USB 2.0 port in the back of the iMac G5?
    >
    > Thanks for any help!

    If you add the wireless keyboard & mouse, the internal Bluetooth module
    comes with it. So you don't need to check the separate option for just
    the Bluetooth module.
    --
    "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I
    am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Sep 22, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    John Decker <> wrote:

    > I have a clarification question about the two bluetooth add-on
    > options for the iMac G5. There is the option to add Òinternal
    > Bluetooth ModuleÓ only and then another option to add ÒBluetooth
    > Module + Apple Wireless Keyboard & mouse.Ó Is the Bluetooth Module
    > in both cases the same?

    Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is available
    only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's on-line store.
    You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores, or from authorized
    dealers.

    --
    Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 22, 2004
  4. John Decker

    David Magda Guest

    Michelle Steiner <> writes:

    > Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is
    > available only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's
    > on-line store. You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores,
    > or from authorized dealers.

    Is the same true for the AirPort Extreme card?

    --
    David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/

    David Magda, Sep 25, 2004
  5. On 2004-09-25 11:35:41 -0500, David Magda
    <> said:

    > Michelle Steiner <> writes:
    >
    >> Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is
    >> available only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's
    >> on-line store. You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores,
    >> or from authorized dealers.

    > Is the same true for the AirPort Extreme card?

    No, I think you can buy that one separately. (The *plain* AirPort
    card, i.e. non-Extreme, is no longer available)

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Sep 25, 2004
  6. John Decker

    John Proctor Guest

    On 2004-09-26 06:24:36 +1000, Keeper of the Purple Twilight
    <> said:

    > On 2004-09-25 11:35:41 -0500, David Magda
    > <> said:
    >
    >> Michelle Steiner <> writes:
    >>
    >>> Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is
    >>> available only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's
    >>> on-line store. You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores,
    >>> or from authorized dealers.

    >> Is the same true for the AirPort Extreme card?

    > No, I think you can buy that one separately. (The *plain* AirPort
    > card, i.e. non-Extreme, is no longer available)

    Be very careful. The Blutooth module is only available as a BTO option.
    If you want it you must order via Apple! Not available in the
    aftermarket. The Airport Extreme card is a user installable option. The
    AE card (802.11b&g) is a mini PCI card and the old Airport Card
    (802.11b only) was a cardbus format.
    --
    Regards,
    John D Proctor

    John Proctor, Sep 25, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    David Magda <> wrote:

    > > Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is
    > > available only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's
    > > on-line store. You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores,
    > > or from authorized dealers.

    > Is the same true for the AirPort Extreme card?

    No, the Airport Extreme card is user-installable and removable,
    regardless.

    --
    Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 25, 2004
  8. In article <2004092515243650073%no@spaminvalid>,
    Keeper of the Purple Twilight <> wrote:

    > No, I think you can buy that one separately. (The *plain* AirPort
    > card, i.e. non-Extreme, is no longer available)

    And that's really moot as regards the G5 because it wouldn't fit in that
    machine anyway. In fact, the non-extreme Airport card doesn't work with
    or fit in any Macintosh currently in production.

    --
    Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 25, 2004