Boot Disk Failure

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by swalker, Oct 22, 2007.

  1. swalker

    swalker Guest

    I have used Norton Ghost for several years to clone a 2nd HD for
    backup purposes.

    Out of the blue I have started receiving this message when Ghost shuts
    down windows and attempts to run in DOS.

    Once it happens I have to cut the power to restart the system and it
    refuses to start again (continues to hang on startup) until I make a
    change in the HD configuration, such as removing the 2nd drive, and
    then when it starts it tries to run the clone.

    A search and read of the Norton site has left me with no clue.

    Can anyone suggest where to look?

    1. Advertising

  2. swalker

    swalker Guest

    Problem found and repaired, finally! Bad IDE cable.