    if I try to boot without keyboard it halts (with 'keyboard error,
    press F1 to continue...)

    Is there any way to trick it, or any hidden entry?

    Jorg, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Jorg

    Jorg Guest

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:10:02 +0100, Jorg <> wrote:

    >Booting a deskpro EN without keyboard:
    >
    >As I want to use this as a small print server, I'd like to operate it
    >without a keyboard (using VNC).
    >
    >In the bios, there seems to be no entry about 'Halt on no errors', so
    >if I try to boot without keyboard it halts (with 'keyboard error,
    >press F1 to continue...)
    >
    >Is there any way to trick it, or any hidden entry?

    Well, found it after a bright moment:
    This softpack contains a patch for most compaq machines

    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp0501-1000/SP0667.ZIP

    Jorg, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Jorg

    RFSharpe

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Jorg...

    I had exactly the same problem...

    Reading your last response above gave me the information I needed...

    My Deskpro EN has the option in the BIOS to turn on:
    "Network Service Boot"

    To turn on this option:
    1. Press F10 as the computer is booting. You may have a message
    on the right hand side of the computer that indicates this action.
    It depends on how you have configured your BIOS options.

    2. With the right cursor key go to the "Security" drop down menu.

    3. With the down cursor key go to the "Network Service Boot"
    Press Enter.

    4. With the right cursor key change "Network Service Boot" to
    Press F10 to Accept the setting.

    5. To save the BIOS go back to "File" -> "Save Changes and Exit"
    Press Enter.

    This worked for me on a DeskPro EN PIII 1.0 GHz.

    Hope it works for you!

    Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
    RFSharpe, Sep 21, 2007