    OS??????

    Can anyone please offer any help.

    Barrie
    Barrie Evans, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Barrie Evans

    Mouse Guest

    Hi,

    Not sure, but thinkg that windows XP does not standardly support SATA,
    at least not all controllers.
    If it is an onboard controller thatn you should definitely be able to
    boot from the harddrive connected to this controller.
    Now to install the OS, you want to boot from CD, and while your setup is
    booting, at the bottom at some point you will get a message to press
    F6 if you want to load hard disk controller drivers, so press the F6
    then and then you will need your floppy with the driver, at that pint
    you should be able to load the driver see, the disk and install the OS
    on it, job done.
    Just swap your boot order from CD to this harddrive and you are up and
    running.

    Mouse, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Barrie Evans

    mangus Guest

    Hey, i know its been allmost a month since anyone has answered back to
    you and you have prob. already found the fix, but i though id give you
    an answer anyway. All you have to do is boot your winxp cd up, and
    just when you get into the blue setup screen (just after the computer
    has booted) press "F6". you will see this prompted at the bottom of
    the screen where it says what the setup is loading.

    It will actually pause on "Press F6 now to load Raid Devices" (or
    something like that) for about 5 seconds so you have the chance to
    press F6.

    After you have done all that, it will keep loading for a bit then come
    to a screen that will be asking you to put in the disk that you were
    talking about.

    after that it should be smooth installing. I know you prob. already
    have fixed it but i just though id answer anyway.

    Id be interested to see what you thought of the AN7. im looking at
    getting one in the next couple of days.

    I hope i helped.
    mangus, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Barrie Evans

    Frankie Guest

    The information that you have been given is correct but is not all you
    need. I have installed SATA Maxtor9 160GB on Asus a7nx8 delux had the
    same problem. In order to effect a quick installation head for the
    BIOS make hard disk SCSI(XP does not recognise SATA) you will then as
    the previous instructions told you f6 at start up make sure that the
    driver is on a floppy on its own my driver was not recognised on
    original disk as one of three
    Hope this helps
    Frankie, Apr 28, 2004