    Win7, 32 bit

    Thanks, Bill

    , Aug 20, 2010

  2. Guest

    I could only get it work without a major memory issue under 10.7 cats
    with the "Catalyst AI" setting disabled. I use a 4870X2 which then
    means only one core is working but it runs fine with everything maxed
    out (also it doesn't need AA as it looks fine). Played for hours
    yesterday without a crash.

    Hope this help.

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 04:07:53 -0700 (PDT), ""
    <> wrote:

    >Borderlands (retail DVD) crashes if I set screen resolution at 16 x 10
    >regardless of detail settings. At lower resolutions it's OK. No help
    >from various forums. Virtually no other programs running. Any
    >suggestions? All other games run just fine with high detail, AF,
    >etc. Heat is not a problem.
    >
    >GPU: 5870
    >CPU: Core 2 Duo 8400 3.0 GHz
    >4GB mem
    >Win7, 32 bit
    >
    >Thanks, Bill

    , Aug 21, 2010

  3. Guest

    On Aug 20, 9:11 pm, "Carl" <> wrote:
    > I just ran Borderlands Steam version on my W7 64, 4870X2, 8Gb mem, and Intel
    > Q9650 quad core. It is at 1900x1200 on a 24" widescreen. It worked fine.
    > Perhaps look to see in device manager if you have the correct driver for
    > your monitor?
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Borderlands (retail DVD) crashes if I set screen resolution at 16 x 10
    > > regardless of detail settings.  At lower resolutions it's OK.  No help
    > > from various forums.  Virtually no other programs running.  Any
    > > suggestions?  All other games run just fine with high detail, AF,
    > > etc.  Heat is not a problem.

    > > GPU:  5870
    > > CPU:  Core 2 Duo 8400 3.0 GHz
    > > 4GB mem
    > > Win7, 32 bit

    > > Thanks, Bill

    I reinstalled my monitor driver and the Nvidia phyx drivers. It
    worked!

    , Aug 21, 2010