    Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
    shipping.
    Bob Villa, Jul 6, 2011

  2. Bob Villa

    Daddy Guest

    You can't imagine how happy I am to hear your news.

    Daddy

    Daddy, Jul 6, 2011

  3. Bob Villa

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Jul 5, 6:56 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    > Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    > 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
    > shipping.

    Ordered the 4th, shipped the 5th. Est. delivery the 7th! Impressive.
    Bob Villa, Jul 6, 2011
  4. Bob Villa

    RnR Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 01:55:45 -0400, Daddy <> wrote:

    >You can't imagine how happy I am to hear your news.
    >
    >Daddy
    >
    >Bob Villa wrote:
    >> Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    >> 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
    >> shipping.

    Daddy, imagine how happy you are to hear that I couldn't resist NOT
    ordering the same and saved $400 in cold hard cash !!!!
    RnR, Jul 6, 2011
  5. "Bob Villa" wrote:
    > Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    > 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit.
    > $400 free shipping.

    I hope you bought the extended warranty, too. [hee, hee]
    My XPS M1330 laptop had to be serviced at least 3 times with
    major parts replacements, e.g. graphics card, wall wart, CPU's
    heatsink, etc. Fortunately, I had bought the extended warranty,
    and all I lost was time. Dell paid for the parts and technician visits
    and it lost the money on that one. Without an extended warranty,
    you might as well just throw a $400 laptop away if it needs major
    work and look for a more reliable PC. So... how much did the
    15R cost with the extended warranty?

    *TimDaniels*
    Timothy Daniels, Jul 6, 2011
  6. Bob Villa

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Jul 6, 4:46 pm, "Timothy Daniels" <> wrote:
    > "Bob Villa" wrote:
    > > Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    > > 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit.
    > > $400 free shipping.

    >     I hope you bought the extended warranty, too.  [hee, hee]
    > My XPS M1330 laptop had to be serviced at least 3 times with
    > major parts replacements, e.g. graphics card, wall wart, CPU's
    > heatsink, etc.  Fortunately, I had bought the extended warranty,
    > and all I lost was time.  Dell paid for the parts and technician visits
    > and it lost the money on that one.  Without an extended warranty,
    > you might as well just throw a $400 laptop away if it needs major
    > work and look for a more reliable PC.  So... how much did the
    > 15R cost with the extended warranty?
    >
    > *TimDaniels*

    The 1st one (15R) had a touch pad problem a week before the one year
    warranty expired and they took care of it. I don't believe in extended
    warranties. And that was the only problem I ever had with 4 new Dells.
    Friends that have bought Dells (on my recommendation) have not had
    problems either. About 5 people at work for their home use.
    Bob Villa, Jul 7, 2011
  7. Bob Villa

    Guest

    On Jul 6, 3:46 pm, "Timothy Daniels" <> wrote:
    > "Bob Villa" wrote:
    > > Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    > > 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit.
    > > $400 free shipping.

    >     I hope you bought the extended warranty, too.  [hee, hee]
    > My XPS M1330 laptop had to be serviced at least 3 times with
    > major parts replacements, e.g. graphics card, wall wart, CPU's
    > heatsink, etc.  Fortunately, I had bought the extended warranty,
    > and all I lost was time.  Dell paid for the parts and technician visits
    > and it lost the money on that one.  Without an extended warranty,
    > you might as well just throw a $400 laptop away if it needs major
    > work and look for a more reliable PC.  So... how much did the
    > 15R cost with the extended warranty?
    >
    > *TimDaniels*

    Ditto on my XPS M1530...Which PCs are more reliable?

    Larry
    , Jul 7, 2011
  8. Bob Villa

    Daddy Guest

    wrote:
    > On Jul 6, 3:46 pm, "Timothy Daniels" <> wrote:
    >> "Bob Villa" wrote:
    >>> Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    >>> 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit.
    >>> $400 free shipping.

    >> I hope you bought the extended warranty, too. [hee, hee]
    >> My XPS M1330 laptop had to be serviced at least 3 times with
    >> major parts replacements, e.g. graphics card, wall wart, CPU's
    >> heatsink, etc. Fortunately, I had bought the extended warranty,
    >> and all I lost was time. Dell paid for the parts and technician visits
    >> and it lost the money on that one. Without an extended warranty,
    >> you might as well just throw a $400 laptop away if it needs major
    >> work and look for a more reliable PC. So... how much did the
    >> 15R cost with the extended warranty?
    >>
    >> *TimDaniels*

    > Ditto on my XPS M1530...Which PCs are more reliable?
    >
    > Larry

    The ones you build yourself.

    Daddy
    Daddy, Jul 7, 2011
  9. "Bob Villa" wrote:

    The 1st one (15R) had a touch pad problem a week before the one year
    warranty expired and they took care of it. I don't believe in extended
    warranties. And that was the only problem I ever had with 4 new Dells.
    Friends that have bought Dells (on my recommendation) have not had
    problems either. About 5 people at work for their home use.

    I don't believe in them, either - unless they're for business laptops. The time
    saved by having experienced technicians and parts dispatched to my home
    in 24 hrs made the extended warranty worthwhile even though, the laptop
    wasn't generating income. For a desktop PC (which I feel confident
    enough to work on myself) and for entertainment gear, extended warranties
    are bad investments. I believe the XPS Mxxx line of laptops had a design
    problem involving overheating, and I hope that it was unusual for Dell
    laptops.

    *TimDaniels*
    Timothy Daniels, Jul 7, 2011
  10. Bob Villa

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Jul 6, 5:58 am, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    > On Jul 5, 6:56 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    >
    > > Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    > > 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
    > > shipping.

    > Ordered the 4th, shipped the 5th. Est. delivery the 7th! Impressive.

    Some things I didn't expect, HDMI,SD card slot,eSATA port. And a
    driver/utility CD. (No OS DVD as expected) It has a better lid design
    now.
    Bob Villa, Jul 8, 2011
  11. Bob Villa

    Daddy Guest

    Bob Villa wrote:
    > On Jul 6, 5:58 am, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    >> On Jul 5, 6:56 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
    >>> 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
    >>> shipping.

    >> Ordered the 4th, shipped the 5th. Est. delivery the 7th! Impressive.

    > Some things I didn't expect, HDMI,SD card slot,eSATA port. And a
    > driver/utility CD. (No OS DVD as expected) It has a better lid design
    > now.

    A better lid? Let's break open the Chivas...

    ;-)

    Daddy
    Daddy, Jul 8, 2011
  12. "Daddy" wrote:
    > Bob Villa wrote:

    >>> Ordered the 4th, shipped the 5th. Est. delivery the 7th! Impressive.

    >> Some things I didn't expect, HDMI,SD card slot,eSATA port. And a
    >> driver/utility CD. (No OS DVD as expected) It has a better lid design
    >> now.

    > A better lid? Let's break open the Chivas...
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Daddy

    I still want to hear about the logo.... :)

    *TimDaniels*
    Timothy Daniels, Jul 8, 2011
  13. Bob Villa

    Bob Villa Guest